Nicolette Blanchet
 Posted: May 3 2018, 12:38 PM
Evolute
23 YEARS
Institute
Tier 3
29 Posts
Telepathy

I guess, everyone else got struck down by the flu, Colette thought, as she strolled in to the cafeteria - which, surprisingly appeared completely deserted -, with a large stack of electric PADs in her hands, ready to fall off and spread around on the floor if she'd accidentally miss a step. Or maybe brain-eating aliens abducted everyone at the Institute, they just missed out on her, because they thought her brain is too weird to be properly served as a delicacy. Then, her gaze suddenly ventured to the large holographic time and date clock on the wall, and she suddenly realized lunch time is over for at least three hours. Oh, jeez, I got so much swamped in work, I didn't even realize it's so late, she mused, saddened by the thought that her favorite chicken wings are probably long gone, eaten by other hungry Institute employees.

Juggling with the PADs, she picked up a plate and headed for the food-serving automaton. Just as she expected, most of the choices had a red "not available" text flashing above them, which quite much limited her choices. Eventually, she decided on some fried mushrooms with mayo sauce, along with a snack bar for dessert and some orange juice for drink. It took about two minutes to adjust the plate and all the PADs in her hands, so she'd be able to move around and sit down to a desk without dropping everything.

Humming a catchy jazz tune, she made her way towards the tables, trying to find the best spot to eat her late lunch. In fact, usually it took her some time to find it, as she considered a good eating spot to be of utmost importance, probably much more than average, normal, non-weirdo humans did. Neverthless, as she tilted her head to look around, she got struck by another revelation. In the corner of the eye, she spotted another person, another flesh-and-blood, probably non-brain-eating-alien present, sitting alone at one of the tables. She didn't recognize the guy, despite both of them obviously working at the Institute. Of course, there were thousands of employees, so it wasn't surprising that many of them she's never met. Her mood suddenly lightened up a bit, as she realized she'll have a lunch companion afterall, someone to converse with while filling her stomach with mushrooms and mayo. That's awesome!

"Hello.", she quickly made her way towards the lone-looking man, with a wide ear-to-ear smile on her face, "Mind if I join you for late lunch?" However, as she attempted to sit down next to the man, a sudden accidental movement made her drop all the PADs, half of them on the guy, the other half on the table, while the fried mushrooms fell in her lap, and the mayo got spilled out on her pulover. "Sorry. I'm really sorry! Really terribly sorry!", she uttered in slight panic, as she tried to pick up everything she dropped, looking very awkward while doing so. That's it for first impressions..., she thought with a shy smirk.

@Sasha Liesser
PMWebsite
^
Sasha Liesser
 Posted: May 7 2018, 10:59 PM
Evolute
44 YEARS
Entente
Tier 3
43 Posts
the ability to control how much physical and circumstantial evidence he leaves behind in any scenario--in other words, able to control the impact of his own existence on the world around him. Sasha's powers default to being a full lack of existence/impact -- this includes not only being unable to be identified by a person he speaks to (they won’t know he even existed), but also not leaving footprints, DNA, or any other traces of himself in any capacity -- including digital.

To anyone at the Institute, Sasha would have been described as normal. He gave off no antisocial traits and his general day consisted of exactly the same activities that one might expect of a man who loved research. (And had loved it since fifth grade when he got second place in the science fair and swore he would never get second place in a practice of wits again.)

So it was not some master plan that he was eating alone. It was not nefarious or dastardly, but the same foolish happenstance that had made Col walk into the lunch room hours after what would have been a socially acceptable time frame for a midday meal.

Because he had gotten here so late, the usual small group of researchers he generally sat with were not present (though not one of them worried over Sasha not appearing for lunch. He hadn't gotten to his station in the laboratories by being great at managing his time away from projects.)

He clicked through a book projected from his holo, swiping page by page though an article titled "Practical Uses of Genetic Alteration" by Ronald Fisk, PhD. Regardless, his eyes flipped up the instant the young woman spoke to him. He was in the middle of saying "Be my guest" when everything went flying like something straight out of a sitcom.

Sasha's natural reaction, in potentially an endearing way, was to reach forward instead of dodge and make sure that the girl didn't lose her balance or wind up with something more than a little bit of a mess that could be fixed with in a few second's help. Deftly, he picked up the items as he shook his head. "Don't apologize." He smiled and offered a joke that perhaps was only funny to a man who thought about science as much as the next man thought about pick up lines. "We can't blame you. Gravity is the only thing that has ever dropped anything on me."

He held out her PADs, looked at her shirt and then reached for some napkins on the next table to offer her. "Here." He said. His mother would have been horrified that he had not introduced himself (he had been taught from his youth after all to be kind and thoughtful, to introduce yourself quickly to avoid being rude accidentally.)

@Nicolette Blanchet

--------------------
Disclaimer: This character runs the Entente and is extremely dangerous.
PM
^
Nicolette Blanchet
 Posted: May 8 2018, 05:23 PM
Evolute
23 YEARS
Institute
Tier 3
29 Posts
Telepathy

Colette was ready to continue with endless hours of apologizing, trying to regain the man's sympathy, when she suddenly realized he was actually not offended, on the contrary, he explained to her why she wasn't to blame, in a quite awesome and funny and gentle way. She felt like her faith in humanity has just been restored, and wondered if this mysterious guy likes cats and jazz music and pizza and counting the different colored umbrellas on a rainy day from her office window, like she does.

"Ah, thank you.", Colette took the napkins and tried to clean her shirt from the mayo. She was still amazed by the awesomeness of this guy when she saw him collecting and holding all those fallen down PADs, "Gravity... ah, yes... I guess, we can just never trust gravity." She said that with an awkward little laugh, not exactly sure what he meant by that gravity line, and what her reply should've been to that, but neverthless, it sounded a lot better than if he'd say she's such an awkward messy person and she should be blamed. Gravity for the win, yeah!

When she succeeded in making the mayo disappear from her shirt, except for some small traces, and collecting all those fallen mushrooms from her lap, placing them back on her plate, she sat down to finally start her late lunch, and to get to know more about her new-found lunch partner, who has successfully raised her curiosity.

"Practical Uses of Genetic Alteration?", she asked with a slight curiosity in her voice, as she glanced at the holo-book the man was apparently reading before she - quite literally - bumped into his lunch and his life. She had no idea what that means, but it surely sounded like it belonged to those subjects she was always completely stupid in, like biology, chemistry, technology and stuff. It also had some sort of Frankenstein / Doctor Moreau vibe to it, although this guy looked neither like Colin Clive or Marlon Brando.

@Sasha Liesser
PMWebsite
^
Sasha Liesser
 Posted: May 10 2018, 11:13 PM
Evolute
44 YEARS
Entente
Tier 3
43 Posts
the ability to control how much physical and circumstantial evidence he leaves behind in any scenario--in other words, able to control the impact of his own existence on the world around him. Sasha's powers default to being a full lack of existence/impact -- this includes not only being unable to be identified by a person he speaks to (they won’t know he even existed), but also not leaving footprints, DNA, or any other traces of himself in any capacity -- including digital.

Sasha had been raised on science fairs and laboratories. When he had been young, his parents had never stopped him from running experiments in the back yard with his friends or testing hypotheses. He wasn't a kid who wanted to be a kid who shot bad guys, but a detective who solved puzzles.

As he aged, puzzles changed shape into molecules, and science became the mystery that whet his whistle. So jokes about scientific laws were as likely to drop from his lips as a knock knock joke from a second grader.

"It is a constant problem." He offered with a smile that could have reached back and stroked his own ego. Gravitational force jokes were so easily in reach. But Col changed the topic expertly.

"Oh. Yes. Of course. This is one of the most recent publications, and of course we never take a step closer." To curing his ability or rather, to idea that he strove for far more desperately. An antidote should someone ever succeed at those exact "cure" trials he had been nothing less than sabotaging.

@Nicolette Blanchet

--------------------
PM
^
Nicolette Blanchet
 Posted: May 11 2018, 05:43 AM
Evolute
23 YEARS
Institute
Tier 3
29 Posts
Telepathy

It took a few minutes for Colette to get the apparent joke, which she realized was even worse than most of her awful puns. Constant... Ah, the gravitational constant! She didn't know exactly what that means, but she's heard the term before, so yeah, that must be the joke. She wished she'd paid attention on science classes in school instead of writing poems about cats who fart ice cream. Neverthless, it was still an adorably bad joke, which made her respect the man even more.

"The gravitational constant! Ah... I got it...", she finally responded with a faint, but wide smile, not sure how that'd come through.

"A step closer to... what exactly?", she asked full of curiosity, her large blue eyes staring at the man. This made her think of Frankenstein even more, or something like that. Some sort of secret genetic experiment maybe? He was a step closer to creating a giant mutant kiwi to conquer the world or making an army of genetically enchanced raspberries to kill every ginger person on Earth?

"Oh, sorry... By the way, I'm Nicolette Blanchet.", she then quickly snapped, realizing she totally forgot to introduce herself. She extended her hand towards her mysterious lunch compaion, and with a wide smile, added, "But call me Colette, like everyone does. Oh, well, I guess, not everyone. I'm sure that janitor lady from the fifth floor calls me 'That Annoying Little Brat, Whose Avocado-Flavored Bubble Gum Got Stuck in the Sink and It Took Me an Hour to Get Rid of It'"

@Sasha Liesser
PMWebsite
^
Sasha Liesser
 Posted: May 12 2018, 10:40 AM
Evolute
44 YEARS
Entente
Tier 3
43 Posts

Sasha looked up at her and blinked as if he was just realizing that this girl might work at the Carrie Institute but that didn't mean that she was as utterly obsessed with science as he was. Selfishness and egoism were side effects of his lack of empathy. He kept them in check well enough.

His smile was gentle and small compared to hers, but it was a smile none the less, and one that seemed genuine enough. "To being able to help the people in the city who need help." He answered. It was how he always thought of his experiments (at least when he talked about them out loud). His goal was to be able to manipulate the responses of Evolute genes through chemical reactions and balances.

He took a moment to wipe his hand on his napkin before he reached out to shake her hand. "Dr. Liesser." he said without realizing he'd introduced himself incredibly formally. He caught it only a moment later and laughed, a bit awkwardly. "Sasha. Please. Perhaps I spend too much time in my lab." he took a gentle jab at himself.

@Nicolette Blanchet

--------------------
PM
^
Nicolette Blanchet
 Posted: May 12 2018, 11:23 AM
Evolute
23 YEARS
Institute
Tier 3
29 Posts
Telepathy

Now Colette was really hooked in, and wanted to know more about this mysterious guy and his work and goals. Being able to help the people in the city who need help? That sounded like something she considered to be the true meaning of life and something she always achieved to do. But help them... how exactly? By creating some super-cheap-to-produce food to feed the hungry or something? Or shrinking them to bug size so they can easily find accomodation for them? Several ideas crossed her mind back and forth. How exactly can genetics help the poor, she wondered.

"That sounds interesting.", she spoke up, while she grabbed a fork to start eating those mushrooms, "Help them in what way exactly?" She glanced at the ECLU badge on her bag, intentionally placed in a highly visible spot.

"Oh, don't worry, Doctor... err... Sasha.", she smiled at the man when he was apologizing for his 'rude behavior', or at least, something he considered to be that, accompanied by an awkward, but cute-in-an-awkward-way laugh. Then, deciding, now it's her time to come up with an awful joke, looked at the guy with an innocent grin, "I know that feeling. Once, I've been spending too much time in my lab as well. But then, I bought a bulldog instead."

@Sasha Liesser
PMWebsite
^
Sasha Liesser
 Posted: May 13 2018, 09:47 AM
Evolute
44 YEARS
Entente
Tier 3
43 Posts

Sasha hesitated. He, of course, could not tell information about the details of the experiment to anyone, but he had been given a tag line, for lack of a better phrasing, to explain what he was doing. There were so many features of the new formula he was making; there were so many goals that Carrie had. "We're working to make the Suppressant have fewer side effects -- or less drastic." he said simply. The easiest way to explain it, though not the most honest.

He took note of her ECLU badge without statement. While he strongly believed that the ECLU was important and that supporting them was the responsibility of every Evolute in the city (and ignoring them was like shooting their children and children's children in the legs before a race), he didn't deem the work place an appropriate location for discussion of politics, and so his tongue remained tied on the matter.

It was not in any way Colette's fault that the joke did not hit home on Sasha. He smiled and offered a chuckled -- the kind that said 'I know that was a joke, but I didn't find it funny' -- and then cleared his throat. "So you own a dog?" he asked, as if that were the proper pull of information from the joke. "I do as well."

@Nicolette Blanchet

--------------------
PM
^
Nicolette Blanchet
 Posted: May 13 2018, 12:57 PM
Evolute
23 YEARS
Institute
Tier 3
29 Posts
Telepathy

"Ah, I see.", Colette slightly nodded as she listened to the man explaining the nature of his work. "That's quite admirable, actually.", she then said, "That suppressant can truly be a pain in the ass sometimes. It can drive me nuts. Headaches and all."

It was true. Since she started taking the suppressants at the age of 12, she has developed a sort of 'immunity' against its side effects, or at least a way to lessen the awful headaches the drug was causing to her, but still, it was quite an unpleasant experience. It was even worse than her monthly periods.

In fact, Colette was kinda entirely against the suppressants. Of course, she knew that some Evolutes must need to have their abilities in check, otherwise they'd cause who knows how much damage and all, and agreed that they should get the drug to dampen their dangerous powers. However, she believed that most of the Evolutes were harmless, and they'd be quite well off without being dictated to take that awful drug. Or at least, they should have the choice to take it or not. But she didn't want to discuss such a harsh political topic with someone she's just met. She feared it might spring up an argument, and she definately didn't need one right now. She saw that Sasha have noticed her ECLU button, but decided to leave it without comment.

She then looked a bit disappointed, seeing that her lunch partner apparently didn't like her joke, but, well, it was admittedly an awful one. Literally the worst joke she's ever come up with, which isn't a small achievement. So, she just shrugged it off, and reacted to the direction the guy diverted the conversation to.

"Oh, well... Actually, I have a cat.", she said kind of proudly, thinking about that goofy ball of fur she named Schrödinger and considered to be her best friend, "But dogs are fun too. What kind of dog?", she asked with a blink of curiosity in her eyes. So, he likes animals - another positive personality trait. It might counter-balance the sad fact that he didn't appreciate her awful joke.

@Sasha Liesser
PMWebsite
^
Sasha Liesser
 Posted: May 16 2018, 07:00 AM
Evolute
44 YEARS
Entente
Tier 3
43 Posts

Sasha smiled. If he were a more humble man he might have blushed and if he were less humble he might have gone into detail about how much it was going to be a life changer for so many evolutes. Instead, he added four words to the smile, which perhaps identified him as a supporter of the ECLU. "I'm doing my part."

He could certainly have done less -- he could have helped to produce a suppressant that eliminated powers in entirety; he could have helped brainstorm for a suppressant that lessened the effects which gave Typics a high. But whether his goals were not in line with that or whether he had merely been assigned arbitrarily to this team was something that she hadn't asked and he didn't offer without prompting.

He took a bite of his food and a sip of his drink before he answered her question and offered one of his own. "A Samoyed." he said. "His name is Gabriel III, but his friends call him Tres." he joked, because the idea of anyone qualifying as Tres' friend who had a tongue to speak with was laughable. Sasha of course had friends who enjoyed the company of his dog, but it was merely that -- Tres was a dog and friendship was a term that Sasha reserved specifically for human interactions.

"I'm sure I have a picture if you'd like to see one." he offered, because it was how these conversations always went. He had started intentionally keeping pictures on his holo just to be sure he didn't seem strange. "What breed is your cat? They do have breeds, right? I'm not nearly as familiar with cats as I am with dogs."

@Nicolette Blanchet

--------------------
PM
^
Nicolette Blanchet
 Posted: May 16 2018, 04:24 PM
Evolute
23 YEARS
Institute
Tier 3
29 Posts
Telepathy

Colette wasn't sure how exactly a Samoyed dog looked like - being a total cat person, she wasn't really into dogs -, but she was sure Gabriel looked total neat. Afterall, why would a guy like Sasha get himself a dog which isn't neat? What an awesome display of logic, Col congratulated herself.

"Totally cute.", she then replied with a friendly face, "Does he have lots of friends?", she then asked with a grin, referring to the man's line about his dog's apparent circle of friends. "Gabriel? Sounds kinda angelic.", she added with a slight smile, "Betwixt these rockie pillars Gabriel sat / Chief of the Angelic guards." She was quite sure noone besides her understood such a literary quote, neverthless, she thought quoting Milton was fancy in a world so lost in their visuals, people barely ever read the classics.

"Of course, pictures are cool!", she added with a broad smile to Sasha's question, then started to answer his other inquiries as well, "And of course, there are breeds.", she said, realizing her lunch partner is just as uneducated regarding cats as she is regarding dogs, "Schrödinger is a Burmese cat, actually.", she added with a broad proud smile, "I can show pictures too!"

@Sasha Liesser
PMWebsite
^
Sasha Liesser
 Posted: May 23 2018, 06:27 AM
Evolute
44 YEARS
Entente
Tier 3
43 Posts

Sasha was an educated man, but his focus and love had always been science. Some of his friends from high school had gone on to study in the humanities, but Sasha was not one of them and Milton was not a book well suited to high schoolers, even in their senior year who were ready to be anywhere else.

So he knew of it, could somewhat identify that the words were a quote and that it was likely from a book of large scale and old, from when Christianity was still coming into its own, but he could not have said Milton by any stretch of the imagination.

"He believes he's friends with everyone he meets. Isn't that the way of dogs?" He offered with a chuckle and a shake of his head. Then he held out a picture projected on his holo ot the dog sprawled across a couch.

"I did name him after an angel, though, yes. The First saved my life." He offered, and then, "It seemed fitting for a teenage boy who knew nothing of the Bible." Guardian angels he knew even then were a fallacy, but he was more lenient in his references and too set in his ways to change it now.

He smiled and let out a chuckle at the name. "Clever name." And he nodded to acknowledge he would look at a picture of the cat if she produced one, ad he took a bite of his food.

@Nicolette Blanchet

--------------------
PM
^
Nicolette Blanchet
 Posted: May 25 2018, 04:13 AM
Evolute
23 YEARS
Institute
Tier 3
29 Posts
Telepathy

"Yes, absolutely.", Colette nodded, "For some reason, most dogs who try to make friends with me end up chewing my bag and peeing on my shoes. I don't know why.", she added with her usual quirky grin.

"Ohhhhh, such a cutie!", she said with a wide smile, seeing the picture of Sasha's dog. Now I know how a Samoyed dog looked like, she thought, you can learn something every day. "The First? You mean, Gabriel the First?", she then asked, while slowly eating another mushroom. She was curious. Especially after Sasha claimed that 'the First', apparently Gabriel I has saved his life. But how and from what?

"Thanks.", she smiled, when Sasha praised her choice of cat names. She knew he will like it, as he was a science buff. "Alrighty.", she said when she finished with the mushroom. She picked up her phone and began searching for a picture of Schrödinger. It wasn't much of a challenge, as almost every second image she had stored there was about her lovely Burmese cat.

"Oh, here he is in all his mightiness.", she tapped the screen to project a holo-image of Schrödinger. "I found him as a kitten in a trash can many years ago. I took him in, and since then, we're basically inseparable.", she explained with great affection in her voice.

@Sasha Liesser
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

RPG-D RPG Initiative Candyland Couture Shadowplay
-------
Maelstrom: You create the galaxy Vector Code 8 Age of Heroes

ideal world TR UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED XL OHaV A marvel infinity war rp Marvel Heroes RPG GLITTER & GOLD

Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City

skin made by mstx at cttw, shine, & atf
toggle sidebar by subdevo and custom forum structure by black
Miniprofile by charli and code box by thunderstuck
Cbox emoticons by cookiemagiK