Ark City
quick links
staff
December 2017 Featured RPG
ARK CITY

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Let's Mosey!, Omri
Mosey
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 06:08 AM
Admin
27 YEARS
Dodger
Tier 1
77 Posts

Omri Kim
INFJ-A | Hufflerin | Waterbender |
Daemon: Nebelung Cat

basics
Omri's memory only goes back about a year and a half, and the things he does recall are fairly traumatic: nearly drowning, living on the streets, and getting on the bad side of some bad people which ultimately landed him in Hell's Dance--very much against his will. He was rescued by Vels Kruger and has been his loyal bodyguard ever since.

platonic
Getting Omri to open up can be a slow process, but one that’s well worth the effort. Underneath that quiet and apprehensive surface is a deeply compassionate and loving individual, one who has a hard time looking the other way when he spots someone in need. Once you've won him over, you'll have a loyal friend for life.

antagonistic
Profession aside, Omri strongly dislikes conflict. He learned to keep his head down in Hell's Dance, and he'll take a lot of abuse before biting back...so long as it's directed a him. Mess with anyone he cares about and it's a different story. Especially Vels. Do not. mess. with Vels.

Note: Omri has a lot of enemies from his former life. While I'm not interested in him regaining his memories right now, I could be open for some plotty goodness in that regard. Check out his full application for more info.

romantic
For obvious reasons, Omri hasn't had a whole heck of a lot of time for this. Open for anything!

Misc
+ Amnesiac + History Nerd + Loves Pie + Likes animals + Spends a lot of his downtime training + Hates water

32 years old
Personal Bodyguard
Heterosexual | Single
Evolute | Tier 3
Adoptive Muscle Memory

Friendly fair warning! I work full time and pretty much only have the downtime to write one or two posts per day. I try to post in each thread at least once a week, but can have slow spells. If something's been sitting longer than a week please feel free to poke me!
PMEmail
^
Bo Fierro
 Posted: Sep 10 2017, 09:24 AM
Evolute
31 YEARS
Believer
Tier 3
53 Posts
Ability to replicate the powers of other evolutes given time and proximity. This includes all of the good and bad that goes along with their powers .
thyme is Online

Elena && Bo

Do you ever see two characters and their world view of the world being lovely, and you just want them to meet and agree that the world is an amazing place? ME TOO.

What I'm thinking is maybe... Bo volunteers to help out doing some gardening/cleaning up/whatever in a place that Elena frequents? or they could meet at domesday.

PM
^
Mosey
 Posted: Sep 25 2017, 07:47 PM
Admin
27 YEARS
Dodger
Tier 1
77 Posts

Omg yes. Maybe Elena's actually working Domesday. Like how police officers will work fairs and things like that? Just hanging out to keep the peace. And she's bored as hell and and grumpy and Bo tries to cheer her up and teach her the true meaning of Domesday. Hilarity ensues.

@Bo Fierro
PMEmail
^
Bo Fierro
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 07:45 AM
Evolute
31 YEARS
Believer
Tier 3
53 Posts
Ability to replicate the powers of other evolutes given time and proximity. This includes all of the good and bad that goes along with their powers .
thyme is Online

I am so down for this... There are not words.

Do you want to start or shall I?
PM
^
Sandstorm20141
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 05:51 PM
OOC
19 YEARS
OOC Account
Typic
39 Posts
As all dogs everywhere bark It's worth knowing Like all good fruit the balance of life is in the ripe and ruin

Piper & Omri

Two ways we could swing with this one.

1) Have Piper get to know Omri as a friend. Maybe they can do some parkour kind of stuff together - him with his power and her as an animal along the rooftops or something. He likes animals so that's a plus in her books.

2) Have Piper remember him as an enemy of some kind, leading to a conflict where she's either terrified of him or angry at him. This could work if Piper befriends Vels where she likes one of the duo but not the other. If they eventually resolve this issue or she learns about his amnesia option 1 could start from there.

Piper & Elena

Maybe an attempt to capture Piper again? A bit of a fight could occur, especially if she's unaware of the full extent of Piper's powers. Could eventually turn into Piper revealing the extent of experimentation that occurred on her at the Institute, leading to Elena conducting an investigation...?

Cyrus & Omri

The only connection I can think of here is both of them being history nerds. Perhaps a library or museum visit?

@Mosey

PM
^
Mosey
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 06:35 PM
Admin
27 YEARS
Dodger
Tier 1
77 Posts

@Bo Fierro and Elena
Either way! I'm about to go on mini-vacation so I might not be able to start it for a bit, but I'm happy to add it to my list unless you wanna go ahead and get the ball rolling!

@Piper and Omri
Oh man this could be so much fun! I actually have a plot that might be perfect for Piper if you're willing. Basically if you check out Omri's history, he used to be a member of Typics United who was ordered to kill and Evolute girl who was a member of ELL in cold blood, but he couldn't go through with it and helped her escape instead. And he almost got killed by his own people for his trouble which resulted in this fun amnesia adventure. Maybe Piper could fill that role? Which would kind of cover all the bases you mentioned here.

So like, they don't really know each other at all, but they'd have that important connection. Like she'd know him as an enemy , but also as that guy who helped her out of a tight spot that one time? I wouldn't want him to recover his memories right now, but maybe that would work if she was justifiably suspicious of him at first and wanted to see what his deal was? And they slowly become friends?

What do you think? We don't have to give them this history of course, I'm totally fine with them just becoming friends like you suggested if that's what you'd prefer!

Piper and Elena
Ooh yes, I love this idea. I'd want that plot to be a bit of a slow simmer though. Like maybe we build it up over a couple of threads? For the first one we could certainly do something where Elena is trying to solve a case that Piper's involved in. Like a theft or something? And then she realizes who she is and a bit of a fight goes from there? I don't think Elena would actually try to hurt her if she could help it, but she would get pretty irritated that this little punk kid keeps slipping through her fingers!

Cyrus and Omri
Omri needs more nerd friends in his life that's for sure. Let me get back to you on this one--I'll try to come up with something for them!

PMEmail
^
Sandstorm20141
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 08:32 PM
OOC
19 YEARS
OOC Account
Typic
39 Posts
As all dogs everywhere bark It's worth knowing Like all good fruit the balance of life is in the ripe and ruin

Piper and Omri
Yeah that role sounds perfect! She would definitely be in that kind of situation as a kid so it fits nicely. Maybe she recognizes him and starts tailing him for a bit and we can go from there?

Piper and Elena
Yeah definitely happy to have this be drawn out! Maybe she can rob a store (perhaps Thistle Do Nicely if we wanted to rustle up a thread with more than the two of us) and she gets called to the scene as it unfolds.

Cyrus and Omri
Awesome - let me know when you want to get started!

@Mosey

PM
^
Mosey
 Posted: Sep 29 2017, 05:16 AM
Admin
27 YEARS
Dodger
Tier 1
77 Posts

@Piper & Omri

That sounds good! I think that thread could make sense for either of us to start . Maybe somewhere in Jacks or Nautas? He can be a-wandering, running errands for his boss or something, and she can spot him and just start tailing him. Maybe after a bit he can notice something's up and then catch her in the act--but be all the more surprised when he sees she is a little! He won't recognize her at all, but she'll certainly know him. That'll be a really interesting dynamic!

If you want, we can also talk a bit more about the circumstances of how they first met and just flesh out that backstory in a way that would work for both of us! Are you on the site discord yet?

Piper & Elena
Oh that could be fun! Would Piper be like, actually holding up said store or would she just be shoplifting? Logically speaking I think a hold-up would require more cops than just Elena, but if they think it's just some punk stealing some stuff, that's another thing entirely. Or maybe it could be a hold-up but we could set it after the fact? Like Piper has already escaped and Elena uses her nose to track her down?
PMEmail
^
Sandstorm20141
 Posted: Sep 29 2017, 03:31 PM
OOC
19 YEARS
OOC Account
Typic
39 Posts

Piper & Omri
Yeah we should probably flesh out their background a bit more first but general idea sounds good! Nautus works. Feel free to add me to the site discord! Couldn't find it so guessing it needs an invite (normally use Skype so I'm a bit of a Discord noob). Sandstorm20141 #8227. We can talk more on there! //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Piper & Elena
If we do have Piper rob Thistle Do Nicely my best bet is that she'd go for the cash rather than the merchandise. Not so much a hold-up but more just transforming into something small (e.g beetle) to a bit closer to the till before turning quickly back to human form and making a dash for it. Even if Elena was just alerted of a kid making a run for it out of a shop that could start the whole ordeal.

@Mosey

PM
^
Mosey
 Posted: Oct 1 2017, 05:59 AM
Admin
27 YEARS
Dodger
Tier 1
77 Posts

It says something about my own Discord n00b status that it took me a good five minutes to figure out how to friend you. But I did it and that's what's important! Also, there's a link to the site discord icc just above the cbox!

PMEmail
^
Bruce Vaughan
 Posted: Oct 1 2017, 11:20 PM
Evolute
45 YEARS
Citizen
Tier 3
369 Posts
Mental Manipulation - able to manipulate other people's minds through mind control, illusion projection, and memory manipulation, primarily.
Bright is Online

As I mentioned in the C-box, I've come to plot with you.

Elena and Bruce - I'm not sure how these two should meet, but I dearly want them to interact in some way, shape, or form. I'm very much open to the idea of a less tolerant APD officer being on Bruce's case because of prejudice, fear, or suspicion. Perhaps she sees a bad stop and intervenes? Or perhaps she's called out for another reason.

Or, in ideas unrelated to her job, would she ever stop by Shangri-La? She's too young for him to have worked with her in his prior career, otherwise I'd suggest that. I do want to put together that Halloween masquerade idea so that's another possible route...

@Mosey
PM
^
Mosey
 Posted: Oct 2 2017, 03:49 AM
Admin
27 YEARS
Dodger
Tier 1
77 Posts

@Bruce Vaughan & Elena

The less tolerant officer idea sounds legit! Elena would be so wonderfully angry, then apologize to him for the inconvenience. I can also see her not realizing at first and/or having misconceptions about exactly what sort of establishment Shangri-La is and hilarity can ensue from there. I don't know that she'd have used it before, but she might just give it a try in the future! Maybe we could even do that Halloween party as a second thread?
PMEmail
^
Bruce Vaughan
 Posted: Oct 2 2017, 08:44 AM
Evolute
45 YEARS
Citizen
Tier 3
369 Posts
Mental Manipulation - able to manipulate other people's minds through mind control, illusion projection, and memory manipulation, primarily.
Bright is Online

Elena and Bruce - Marvelous! Should I toss up a thread for the intolerant officer? And, also, is there a particular place that she spends time more than others? Bruce is based in Haven, but his parents still live in Evesdown, for example, and so he visits there frequently, and his siblings, and his babies live in other neighborhoods. Essentially, I can put him wherever works best for you and Elena.

@Mosey
PM
^
Mosey
 Posted: Oct 2 2017, 08:49 AM
Admin
27 YEARS
Dodger
Tier 1
77 Posts

Haven works just fine! He'd be more likely to get stopped there too I bet. And yeah same with Elena. As a cop I can give her a reason to be anywhere. Feel free to start it! Elena's dates are mostly free. Anytime in mid-late september or october would work.

PMEmail
^
Bruce Vaughan
 Posted: Oct 2 2017, 10:15 AM
Evolute
45 YEARS
Citizen
Tier 3
369 Posts
Bright is Online

Bruce and Elena- I started us a thread, Mosey! Forgive the length; I got a little carried away in setting the scene, but I promise I don't frequently write super-long posts, and I certainly don't expect them as replies.

Threadis here!

If I should change anything, please let me know; I'm still dipping my toes into the setting.

@Mosey
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

RPG-D RPG Initiative Candyland Couture Shadowplay
-------
Maelstrom: You create the galaxy Vector Code 8 Age of Heroes

ideal world TR Star Wars: Last Resort UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED

XL Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City

skin made by mstx at cttw, shine, & atf