Ark City
quick links
staff
December 2017 Featured RPG
Ark City
Spring 2167 // March April May

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Midnight City, 1 August, 2159 // Reese Marshall
Reese Marshall
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 08:39 PM
Typic
39 YEARS
Citizen
Typic
527 Posts
There are moments that the words don’t reach There is suffering too terrible to name You hold your child as tight as you can And push away the unimaginable The moments when you’re in so deep It feels easier to just swim down

The snide comment got her attention and the way that her head tilted and her hair fell was almost perfectly choreographed like she'd practiced flirting in the mirror just in case she met a handsome rich man. She laughed, looking at him from under her eye lashes as she bit her lip.

Reese was watching closely and the guy he'd been very tactlessly trying to befriend at the bar glanced over when he whispered: "Just fucking kiss her." The guy said something to Reese. Whatever it was made him burst out laughing and clap the other man on the shoulder, leaning into him. For his part, the random guy seemed to be slowly warming up to Reese's enthusiasm and levity.

Beth laughed, not realizing what he was asking. Whether it was because she wasn't used to being carded by random men at bars or whether it was because she was trying to avoid the potential problems that would come, she answered the way that a normal person would answer the question -- without so much as a hint to her designation.

"I'm an analyst." She smiled, "So most people try to stay off my radar, Asa." She moved infinitesimally closer, raising the drink to her lips in the process and keeping just the amount of eye contact that said he was reeling this fish in.

@Omri Kim
PMEmail
^
Omri Kim
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 07:15 AM
Evolute
32 YEARS
Citizen
Tier 3
117 Posts
Adoptive Muscle Memory: the power to instantly mimic any physical movement or skill through observation

If he’d been hoping she’d somehow betray herself by describing her role at the DEA he was disappointed. Ah well. He’d just have to pry a bit further. “Oh, I’m sure most people do.” But the mischievous little smirk he flashed her implied that he definitely wasn’t among them. “Their loss.”

He made no move to discourage her as she moved closer. He did have eyes after all, and he could hardly deny that she was an incredibly attractive woman. Perhaps--and he was reasonably sure this was the alcohol talking--Reese had a point. He didn’t let himself relax enough. Maybe a bit of companionship, however brief, would do him some good.

He lowered his gaze slightly, putting on an air of artful uncertainty that would’ve incited envy in Shakespeare himself. “Listen, Beth. I don’t mean to take an awkward turn here, but I wondered if you might be interested in grabbing a bite to eat sometime? Say...Friday night?”

PM
^
Reese Marshall
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 08:44 PM
Typic
39 YEARS
Citizen
Typic
527 Posts
There are moments that the words don’t reach There is suffering too terrible to name You hold your child as tight as you can And push away the unimaginable The moments when you’re in so deep It feels easier to just swim down

Beth seemed to find the banter as intriguing as she found the rest of this man. She seemed to like that the flirted with danger (and with her), that he was just this side of forward.

Reese coughed out a laugh at Asa's request for a date, and spit his drink into an unexpected passer-by who spun towards him and started screaming, which just made Reese laugh harder, as if the guy who was probably double his body weight in pure muscle was something akin to a circus clown. In his defense, Asa Park, one of the most anti-evo men he had ever known (and that was saying something given his choice of friends, had asked the worst of the worst on a date Friday and would probably not manage to see her ID before they bumped uglies. (He assumed everyone was a fuck-on-the-first-date kind of person like he was.)

Beth's eyes opened wider as the guy grabbed Reese's shirt. "Your drunk friend..." she pointed out, assuming Asa would at least consider going to his rescue.

@Omri Kim || Lookit Reese accidentally cock block everyone while he tries to hook them up with people.
PMEmail
^
Omri Kim
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 07:18 PM
Evolute
32 YEARS
Citizen
Tier 3
117 Posts
Adoptive Muscle Memory: the power to instantly mimic any physical movement or skill through observation

The words that tumbled past her lips were hardly the response he’d expected for what had, after all, been a very pointed question. He blinked, startled, then followed her distracted gaze towards his drunken companion, who appeared to be somewhere between laughing like a maniac and getting the ever-loving hell punched out of him.

For a moment he pondered simply letting nature take its course. After all, he’d given Reese several warnings, each less subtle than the last. He’d only be getting his just desserts. Then again, if Beth was at all worth his time--and he still wasn’t entirely certain she was--he probably wouldn’t be doing himself any favors if he simply let his friend get beat up. Wouldn’t be particularly magnanimous of him, and one did need to keep up appearances if nothing else.

So it was that he heaved a put upon sigh, down the rest of his drink, and climbed to his feet. “Don’t think you’ll get out of answering that easy.” He replied, offering her a sly wink before wandering over to rescue Reese before he had to explain yet another bruise to his wife.

“Excuse me, sir.” He cleared his throat and offered out a hand in what he had good reason to believe was a conciliatory gesture. Tucked neatly between his fingers, visible only to Reese’s attacker and himself, was a crisp fifty dollar bill. The implication was plain enough. Nothing like a bit of green to diffuse a situation. “I’ll thank you to put my idiot friend down. Wouldn’t want things to get out of hand, would we?”

PM
^
Reese Marshall
 Posted: Feb 21 2018, 08:36 PM
Typic
39 YEARS
Citizen
Typic
527 Posts

Perhaps Reese deserved to get slugged at this point. Even half-dangling, shoved against a bar, he was still laughing. Even as Asa walked away from the woman and towards him, soothed the man with a crisp fifty between friends, Reese laughed. He dropped back onto his feet and grinned at his friend.

"You haven't kissed her yet." He pointed out without a thank you -- perhaps because he had no idea that there was a likelihood that he was going to get his ass handed to him or his skull beaten in. There was a certain mindset that went with Reese Marshall -- second son of a family with enough money that their name was known around town and had built over half of the structures in Ark in the past half century. Reese had done hundreds of things that should have gotten him a record, but all he'd ever done was sleep it off in jail, take a shower in the deputy's locker room, and head to work.

"I mean, at this point, might as well ask her into the men's room and lock the fucking door, you know?" It was how he had landed his wife after all -- and it would be so much more satisfying to have this all come to fruition at this very moment instead of having to wait all the way to Friday for the reveal of what her friends had told him.

@Omri Kim
PMEmail
^
Omri Kim
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 06:34 PM
Evolute
32 YEARS
Citizen
Tier 3
117 Posts

The look on Asa’s face as he glowered back at his friend was really rather priceless, his expression so far beyond disgust that it seemed to have given up on the effort and looped back right back around to a pained sort of amusement, a transcendent sort of annoyance that only Reese Marshall seemed able to provoke in him. Because honestly, the man was so utterly ridiculous that it was near impossible not to enjoy his company.

“You do know how to kill the mood don’t you? Shocking as it sounds, not all women are attracted to that sort of behavior.” He pointed out as he pulled Reese into something resembling an upright position and wondering not for the first time how the drunken clown in front of him had ever managed to land a woman like his wife. “I’ll thank you not to rush me. Still trying to suss her out. Now can I get back to the game or do you have any further interruptions planned?”

PM
^
Reese Marshall
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 10:58 AM
Typic
39 YEARS
Citizen
Typic
527 Posts

Reese blinked. They of course chased different kinds of tail -- not in regard to what was tucked between legs, but in regard to what rested between ears. Reese's life had been filled with people who matched him -- people who wouldn't think twice about kissing on the first date or stumbling into the nearest vaguely concealed location to get their jollies.

Repeating the phrase as if it had no meaning, Reese said "suss her out". He blinked when Asa offered to get him something and he nodded abruptly. "Can you get me a beer? They cut me off." Dramatic, would have been an understatement of the delivery of the phrase.

In truth, that a woman was waiting and what their bet was about was no longer at the forefront of his mind. Instead, he was distracted by the possibilities of what alcohol Asa could acquire based on his smooth persona. "Maybe two beers." he added after a moment of consideration.

@Omri Kim
PMEmail
^
Omri Kim
 Posted: Apr 28 2018, 04:05 PM
Evolute
32 YEARS
Citizen
Tier 3
117 Posts

Asa shook his head, fixing his friend with a long-suffering look that he nonetheless knew would be absolutely wasted on him. He didn’t want to be the one to have to take him home to his wife after this. Not only because he was fairly certain that the woman had never liked him to begin with (he wasn't at all sure why) but also because he preferred not to be the one she dolled out her frustrations on. After all, it was hardly his fault that her husband was a drunken layabout with no greater ambition than finding his next fix.

And then it occurred to him that he could simply call a cab and let the driver be the one to do it, and that made him more malleable to the suggestion.

”If I do,” he said slowly, drawing out his words not just to make sure that Reese heard them, but also to let him stew just a bit, ”do you promise to sit quietly and let me get on with my fun?”
PM
^
Reese Marshall
 Posted: May 10 2018, 07:04 PM
Typic
39 YEARS
Citizen
Typic
527 Posts

Reese hesitated. Perhaps he was running through the same questions in his mind. If he made this deal, would he likely, or would he definitely be sleeping on the couch for the rest of the week? How many days would his wife fume and rage about his drinking problem? (He didn't drink that much. He'd only have two three beers so far.)

"Yeah, alright." He agreed after the lapse. "Yeah." He nodded, a grin running over his lips. "That sounds fine."

He paused a moment again and then added, "Asa. Are you really going to have fun or are you just going to fucking talk to her?"

@Omri Kim
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

Affiliates

RPG-D RPG Initiative Candyland Couture Shadowplay
-------
Maelstrom: You create the galaxy Vector Code 8 Age of Heroes

ideal world TR UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED XL OHaV A marvel infinity war rp Marvel Heroes RPG GLITTER & GOLD

Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City

skin made by mstx at cttw, shine, & atf
toggle sidebar by subdevo and custom forum structure by black
Miniprofile by charli and code box by thunderstuck
Cbox emoticons by cookiemagiK