Ark City
quick links
staff
December 2017 Featured RPG

Pages: (10) « First ... 8 9 10  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Hurts So Good, February 19, 2167 | Reese Marshall
Reese Marshall
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 11:17 PM
Typic
39 YEARS
Citizen
Typic
560 Posts
There are moments that the words don’t reach There is suffering too terrible to name You hold your child as tight as you can And push away the unimaginable The moments when you’re in so deep It feels easier to just swim down

Reese stopped dead where he was standing. His back was turned towards Bruce so the other man wouldn't be able to see his friend's expression to get a read on him -- neither of them would. Reese froze where he was standing and for a moment, perhaps, it seemed like he might fly off the handle the way he so often did when he was emotionally vulnerable.

Instead, silently, he turned, moved towards the cabinet, and got out the mugs, listening as he watched the coffee drip and put his hands into his pockets. He heard Bruce's words, but it took him some time to internalize them and process them fully.

When he finally did he had the coffee pot in his hand and was pouring the second cup of coffee and glanced at his friend, bristled and shoved the coffee pot a bit more roughly back into place then he should have. He picked up the mug and set it closer to Bruce before he moved away.

As he often did when he was trying to comprehend something emotionally, he forgot his own cup where it was. "I'm not one of your fucking clients." he snapped, and then hesitated. His brows knit and his eyes moved to Bruce's face as if for a split second he wondered if there had been a miscommunication, then they settled again. No. Bruce had said explicitly that this was something he wouldn't have done for a client -- Reese was his friend.

This had been a personal exchange between the two of them -- intimate and honest.

"So that--" He hesitated. For the thousandth time in the short course of their intense friendship, words failed both of them. Another man might have been able to phrase the sentence better for what it was meant to imply Do you like me as much as I like you? and instead implied something entirely different and hard to determine, "You don't think it changes this?" he asked, motioning between the two of them as he leaned on the counter and shook his head and let out a breath again as he ran his hands over his face. He tried to cushion the emotional blow with a joke, "'Cause I'll be honest, most of my friends don't give me hard ons."

And then he reached out his hand. "Here -- hand me my fucking coffee." he requested. He didn't want to stand back up -- his wobbliness was after all the gentle reminder of why they had started in the first place.

@Bruce Vaughan
PMEmail
^
Bruce Vaughan
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 12:15 AM
Evolute
45 YEARS
Citizen
Tier 3
760 Posts
Mental Manipulation - able to manipulate other people's minds through mind control, illusion projection, and memory manipulation, primarily.

Bruce waited patiently for Reese to turn around, displaying none of the hesitation or baited breath that someone else might demonstrate with someone who was prone to erratic behavior punctuated by self-loathing and a tendency to retreat. The mental manipulator was confident that his friend would heed his words, comprehend the implication, and relent. Reese did, which conformed to Bruce’s expectations, and when a coffee cup was pressed into his hand, he murmured words of gratitude before taking that first, bitter sip.

Almost immediately afterward, Reese snapped at him (which should have been expected), and Bruce offered a firm correction to ensure that they were on the same page.

“I’ve never allowed a client to come home with me.” That he lived in an apartment on the grounds of Shangri-La, one that shared a mailing address, was irrelevant to his point He maintained a rigid separation between his personal and his professional lives. His therapy clients could use his given name if they preferred that, a holdover from his time at the rehabilitation center. Otherwise, his clients used formal titles – Mr. Vaughan, Sir, Coach – when addressing him, because he wasn’t their good friend Bruce but instead the owner and front man for Shangri-La, where he was not their assigned surrogate and thus wasn’t incorporated into their fantasies as more than a fail-safe. He welcomed them into his House but not into his home.

By contrast, Reese had now slept over twice in the span of less than a week. They went out together, they watched holos and shared meals at one another’s apartments, and they used only one another’s given names. Should Reese attempt to address him as “Mr. Vaughan” to his face (rather than speaking with Wendy who adopted unnecessary formality – adults in his experience went by first names with unrelated children or by familial child with those who shared a relation by blood, adoption, or marriage), he would roll his eyes and tease him into relenting. Reese, his friend, cuddled against him and held his hand, and had been allowed lay across his bed for his caning and to crawl into his lap for reassurance afterward under the safety of a blanket knit by Bruce’s grandmother.

“And I’ve certainly never cooked them breakfast afterward.” Bruce lifted his spatula again to finish with the eggs before flicking off the electric burner and dividing the scrambled eggs between two white melamine plates, the edges of which were painted with violet and red petals. He likewise split up the toast, and finally dumped the entirety of the sausages onto one plate – Reese’s plate. As with Monday morning, Bruce displayed no interest in eating meat this early in the day.

Unfortunately, for all his finesse in offering reassurance, he misinterpreted Reese’s question, viewing it through the lens of his own experiences. Through the number of clients he had helped achieve their fantasies over the years who might engage in transference or the ones who had a physical reaction wholly decoupled from their emotional or mental states. Here, at least, Reese had already explained that all of his past forays into submission came with intimate partners. His body was practically trained to respond accordingly, especially when the younger man’s words rang in Bruce’s memory. That he was no longer interested in relationships and that he had no libido. This was nothing more than a physiological reaction; it contained no greater significance as far as Bruce could see.

And he would treat it accordingly.

Spinning around o face his friend, he sipped his coffee again to bide his time before he lowered the mug to ensure that his words were clear. He sought the other man’s eyes, his own expression the same mixture of affection and calm that resided there most of the time. “It’s not uncommon for someone that I whip or I spank or I tie up to have an erection.” The clinical language intended to separate sounded more sexual to his ears. His tongue ran along the back of his teeth before he rephrased. “Sometimes people get hard when I dominate them, and women grow very wet. It’s what bodies do – the pain is pleasure, the constraint makes them sensitive.”

The request to bring his coffee led to Bruce setting down his mug and lifting the other man’s in addition to his plate. He place both down in front of Reese at the island before crossing back to the stove and counter to retrieve his own.

“It doesn’t change anything,” he added gently, because he believed that this was the assurance that Reese needed. That this didn’t reflect on his heterosexuality or his masculinity. That his body had come to life briefly but that Bruce wouldn’t judge him for it and wouldn’t take advantage between his powers and his bisexuality.

Setting down his own plate, he lightly patted Reese on the shoulder with his free hand before sliding into the high chair beside the younger man.

@Reese Marshall
PM
^
Reese Marshall
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 08:22 PM
Typic
39 YEARS
Citizen
Typic
560 Posts
There are moments that the words don’t reach There is suffering too terrible to name You hold your child as tight as you can And push away the unimaginable The moments when you’re in so deep It feels easier to just swim down

In many ways, Bruce's misinterpretation was only off by a degree or two, but a degree or two had sunk the Titanic.

He listened to Bruce, to the clinical statement that made Reese raise his eyebrow and then to the revision into what an even vaguely normal person would say. He wondered if it sounded dirtier coming from Bruce's lips because he wasn't used to phrases like "hard" and "wet" being part of Bruce's immaculate vocabulary. He offered a 'thanks' for a food and then rolled his eyes as he picked up his fork.

"Yeah. You don't have to tell me." he said dismissively, not because he didn't understand the weight of the words and how important they were, but because he had experienced it over and over in his lifetime. He by no means needed to be tied up, gagged or beaten to perform; he had had his fair share of entirely vanilla experiences with men and women alike -- even those who had wanted to explore a bit more in scenes -- and yet, he had not once (including the night before) been in a scene where he had been bound, gagged, or beaten where his body hadn't responded quickly and fully to every strike against his flesh as someone else might feel about lips dragging across sensitive skin.

He cut one of the sausages into pieces and shoved one of the pieces into his mouth as Bruce settled beside him. He let in a breath and then let it out, letting his fingers reach over to touch his friend's fingers before wrapping around them as he scooted his seat closer to his friend.

"If--" he started and then thought better of it. For a split second, he realized that the question had perhaps been misunderstood and then he caught himself and tucked his interest away. It wasn't mutual -- whatever had happened the night before; whatever had awakened at some point in a week or two ago that he'd been writing off as his mind just running wild. He finished the sentence in a way that didn't cause any questions -- at least not one that weren't obvious after spending a day and a half with him. "Is it too early for a beer?" And like many of his statements, it was hard to tell if he was serious or joking.

@Bruce Vaughan
PMEmail
^
Bruce Vaughan
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 07:29 PM
Evolute
45 YEARS
Citizen
Tier 3
760 Posts
Mental Manipulation - able to manipulate other people's minds through mind control, illusion projection, and memory manipulation, primarily.

Bruce considered himself more than a vaguely normal person and was quite capable of dipping into the popular vernacular when necessary. As he did now. The fact that he more often spoke clinically and formally meant, to him, his words sounded intimate until he dipped into language that others might consider foreign to his tongue. But he had grown up in Evesdown and he knew all of these synonyms even if he was more likely to say to a sexual partner, “take me in your mouth” than “suck me off.’”

Bruce turned his palm upward as Reese reached for it and then laced their fingers together, just as they had shared their dinner the night before. He squeezed lightly, as he lifted his own fork to begin on his eggs.

The stray syllable prompted Bruce to turned to his friend, blue eyes focused on Reese’s face as he waited for the younger man to elaborate. The question was lost as his friend instead asked or joked about a beer. Squeezing Reese’s hand again, Bruce replied, “Focus on the coffee for now.”

It was far too early for beer. Of course, Bruce was a person who limited his alcohol intake under even the most celebratory occasions, while Reese suffered from unaddressed alcoholism.

He brought the conversation back around to his friend’s expressed embarrassments, this time focused on the future rather than the events of the previous night. “It’s your choice whether you want to put this aside.” He punctuated that with a third squeeze. “But I also enjoyed myself last night, and so it seems like a shame to stop, don’t you think?”

@Reese Marshall
PM
^
Reese Marshall
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 07:59 AM
Typic
39 YEARS
Citizen
Typic
560 Posts

Reese was quiet. It wasn't the quiet, separated mask that had made an appearance on Monday, but instead knitted brows and careful thinking. The silence rested between them as they ate, hand in hand, Reese's thumb stroking his friends hand softly.

He chewed. He took a sip of coffee.

Finally, when he spoke it wasn't to answer the question. "I -- uh -- you don't mind that I... can't keep quiet? Pisses some people off." He shrugged, "my wife hated when I shouted when we first started." He admitted, "she never was really into it." He stuffed some food in his mouth at an inopportune moment.

"Before we met." He finished after he swallowed. "So it took her a little to understand I liked it." He scooted his chair a little closer without explanation. It was stated between them silently. Reese needed and wanted the physical contact and Bruce was happy to give it. He smiled a little and shook his head at what must have been a great memory.

"Anyway, there anything you want me to do different?" And that was an affirmation they were on for another scene, then they were both idiots.

@Bruce Vaughan
PMEmail
^
Bruce Vaughan
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 07:52 PM
Evolute
45 YEARS
Citizen
Tier 3
760 Posts

Bruce, too, lapsed into silence when Reese didn’t reply immediately, used to his friend’s unique method of processing questions after five months of association. Instead, he prodded his eggs and nibbled his toast, while the fingers of his other hand remained laced with Reese’s. When his friend posed his question, he looked over, unsurprised that this served as a quasi-diversion rather than respond directly to the one that Bruce had asked a moment ago, one intended to confirm interest and offer reassurance in equal measure to soliciting agreement that they would share a next time.

“If it bothers me, I can always pop on a ball gag,” he remarked, an answer layered in levity. His friend had indicated a high preference for ball gags as among his gags of choice, and the mental manipulator took his submissives’ preferences seriously in designing in-scene events. His expression sobered as Reese continued his explanation, while his sausage interrupted a thought and transformed it briefly into another matter – implying that his wife hadn’t enjoyed the power exchange at all rather than learning and adapting through Reese. When he spoke again, he did so more seriously, as he turned his neck to gaze into his friend’s eyes. “Truly, if I had an issue with it, I would have given you a warning.”

Yet he had not, neither last night after sharing dinner when he outlined his limits and the rules that Reese had to respect nor when his friend had knelt on the pillow in their scene and heard Mr. Vaughan’s lecture about proper behavior. They had discussed verbal sharing quite a bit – not to use profanity, how to properly address the older man, when he had to speak and when he was forbidden – but they hadn’t touched on vocalizations and other noises. For good reason, because Bruce enjoyed hearing them, and while he engaged in self-restraint, he also believed in harmless indulgence when all parties consented.

“It’s pleasing to hear someone lose themselves because of something I’m doing to them. To know that they’ve lost control because of my words or actions.” In this context, Bruce considered pleasing a platonic description rather than an inherently erotic one albeit also not neutral. To him, pleasing another was a submissive act, duty, or outcome, because the antithesis couldn’t occur between those of equal station. Two peers could be disappointed in one another, angry, hurt, or upset, but not displeased. Only an authority figure could be displeased by another person’s behavior and thus only they could be pleased as well. Bruce had been pleased.

Then, finally, Reese addressed his question, again in a roundabout manner, but Bruce understood the implication. They couldn’t provide feedback about expectations unless there was a future session, an opportunity to try again and tailor their behavior accordingly. His thumb slid along Reese’s palm, as he continued to gaze into the other man’s eyes, holding his attention that way. A soft smile touched his lips before he spoke. “We already discussed changing attire, but we’ll try gym shorts next time. Otherwise, if you get turned on, ask for a breather if you want or just ignore it if you can. There’s no reason to be embarrassed with me.”

His gentle, reassuring self the morning after might have drawn Reese’s hand to his lips were they dating. However, they weren’t, and such an act would be inappropriate despite the fact that they held hands while eating and were fine-tuning a BDSM scene with the full awareness that the younger man would grow aroused.

“I know it’s been six and a half years, but you were on point last night.” Nearly all of Reese’s errors had been deliberate as far as Bruce could tell, with the absence of a couple of times that he had forgotten to count aloud or use his title, and the one time he had called the mental manipulator’s given name like a prayer after a particularly firm strike with the cane. Reese had uttered profanity with precision, had taken his corrections well, had maintained posture and refused to meet his eyes as directed; the one time he had looked up, they had made eye contact, and that, too, had been a calculated risk as far as Bruce could discern. He had obeyed the limits outlined before they entered the bedroom together. No, Bruce had no corrections to offer in the warm light of morning.

He tapped his fork against the side of his plate thoughtfully before he remarked, “As we grow more comfortable with each other in these sessions, I’ll up the ante, but I won’t dump everything on you at once. Aside from applying more force, and the bathroom lock, is there something you’d like for next time?”

The bulk of the responsibility for planning fell to Bruce, but Reese was entitled to provide input beyond what he had outlined on his checklist.

@Reese Marshall
PM
^
Reese Marshall
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 04:36 PM
Typic
39 YEARS
Citizen
Typic
560 Posts

Reese's eyes moved over to look at his friend as he spoke. A smile crossed his lips at the joke about having a ball gag to keep him quiet. He wouldn't have argued if Bruce had put one on him last night, though it certainly would have caught him somewhat off guard. He nodded when Bruce answered honestly. "Alright." It might have been platonic, after all, but Reese's noises did not always match that sentiment. They were the noises from a kind of pleasure that had gotten him aroused enough to call a scene in a panic.

"Everyone says that." he said, glancing over when Bruce said he liked the noises. All of his lovers had commented on how vocal he was and how they enjoyed the feedback -- it made them feel like they were doing something right. He squeezed his friend's hand and caught Bruce's eyes for a moment, smiling softly at him.

He looked away when Bruce brought up the attire change. In some ways, it would be better; but it would do a far worse job of hiding his interest if it happened again next time. He kept his thoughts to himself as he nodded and then the compliment to his persona and offer to make changes came and Reese gave a quick shake of his head.

If Bruce was happy with how the scene had gone, so was he. He had relished every second that his friend's tools had struck his clothing, and if they were something more (or maybe after he was assured that Bruce wouldn't find Reese's interests repulsive), he might have asked for Bruce to strike against bare skin where he could see the puffy red welts start to form where he struck, and where he might see the deepening colors from bruises coming to the surface over time. "Thanks." he offered at the praise to his persona. "I -- uh..." He grew quiet for a moment, squeezing his friend's hand again, this time with nerves. Could he say that he was looking forward to their next session? Was that overstepping some confusing boundary that existed?

"So the 4th?" he asked without pretext, as if this were some interview with a future employer instead of a date to play for a friend.

@Bruce Vaughan | I think we can wrap with the next post or two~
PMEmail
^
Bruce Vaughan
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 05:44 PM
Evolute
45 YEARS
Citizen
Tier 3
760 Posts

“All right.” As though they had reached an accord – that Bruce enjoyed the other man’s vocalizations (he did) and that Reese accepted this a face value (which the older man hoped was the case). Perhaps that meant that his friend wouldn’t mind the pride and pleasure that he took in those sounds.

Reese’s confirmation that his past partners had said the same caused Bruce to lift his eyebrow teasingly, while the smile that danced across the older man’s lips. “Then I’m in good company.” That implied, also, that his wife had come to appreciate the sounds, and thus he hoped that this brought Reese some sense of comfort – the familiarity, the knowledge that he wouldn’t have to change this core aspect of himself.

The head shake confirmed that Reese had no additional notes, and Bruce returned the squeeze. He remained open should something occur to his friend later that day or next week. Then Reese asked the question after stumbling a bit.

“The fourth,” Bruce confirmed, and in doing so, they set their schedule rather than merely that they planned to continue with the arrangement. The first was two weeks from the day before, which set them on the biweekly arrangement that they had discussed on Sunday night, the one that the other man had proposed when walking back from weekly (after being coaxed from monthly).

It should be as enjoyable as the night before, hopefully with fewer road bumps.

((OOC: We have a wrap.))
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (10) « First ... 8 9 10 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

RPG-D RPG Initiative Candyland Couture Shadowplay
-------
Maelstrom: You create the galaxy Vector Code 8 Age of Heroes

ideal world TR UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED XL OHaV A marvel infinity war rp Marvel Heroes RPG GLITTER & GOLD

Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City

skin made by mstx at cttw, shine, & atf
toggle sidebar by subdevo and custom forum structure by black
Miniprofile by charli and code box by thunderstuck
Cbox emoticons by cookiemagiK