Ark City
quick links
staff
December 2017 Featured RPG

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

What Friends Are For, 30 April 2167 | @Leo
Leo Dobrowolski
 Posted: Jun 27 2018, 03:04 AM
Evolute
32 YEARS
Cartel
Tier 4
218 Posts
If Leo touches a person's bare skin (alive or dead), he can tell you everything about their physical history. Medical conditions, healed breaks, pregnancies, surgeries, anything that has affected their body in any way. He can also feel anything they are currently feeling - pain, nausea, breathlessness etc, as if it’s his own body.

@Reese Marshall

Usually, when people explained things, those things made more sense. With Reese, if anything, it was the opposite. It felt as if Reese was in a different conversation, talking about something that made perfect sense to him, but not to the rest of the world. He was talking about these rules of physical contact as if it was a perfectly normal and reasonable thing, as if it should be obvious that he was only allowed to cuddle his - whatever Bruce was - when the other man deemed it to be “appropriate”. The smile was back. Reese liked this guy. A lot. And that left him vulnerable to whatever was going on.

Reese tried to say “no”, but his expression all too clearly gave the game away. That's a yes, then… Bruce was definitely the cause of the physical pain. Leo swallowed. He opened his mouth to say something - he had no idea what, he hadn't thought that far ahead - when something inside Reese seemed to snap.

Leo felt himself tense up as soon as the other man raised his voice. His apartment suddenly felt very small, the door very far away. His breathing quickened. When Reese slammed the mug down on the table Leo actually felt himself flinch (pathetic, a little voice reminded him), just a little. He watched Reese get to his feet, and Leo remained seated - trying to make himself as small a threat as possible in case the other man decided to get violent.

He looked up at Reese, eyes a little too wide. ‘Bruce is a good man,’ Reese told him. Leo swallowed. “Then help me understand,” he said, voice quiet in an attempt to keep things as calm as possible. He tried his best to keep the note of pleading out of it. “I’m sure he’s a good man. I just wanna understand. I want you to be OK.” His hands had clenched into fists; Leo forced them to relax. He bit his lip, but didn’t look away from meeting Reese’s gaze. “Tell me. Please. You’re in pain, and I wanna know if it’s what you wanted.”

PM
^
Reese Marshall
 Posted: Jul 2 2018, 09:19 PM
Typic
39 YEARS
Citizen
Typic
604 Posts
There are moments that the words don’t reach There is suffering too terrible to name You hold your child as tight as you can And push away the unimaginable The moments when you’re in so deep It feels easier to just swim down

Reese's eyes leveled on Leo. There was the kind of rage that Leo had seen dozens of time when the Hellions missed a clean shot for the goal; and there was the kind of self-loathing anger that seethed under his surface that caused him to provoke someone else into an attack.

The look in his eyes was different. It was defensive -- for himself or for Bruce was unclear. His mind was still fogged with alcohol and so everything was more jumbled than it otherwise would have been.

"Fuck. you." He snarled back without an immediate answer. They were both lucky that Reese didn't hit his friends (and whether or not they were officially using the title or not, Leo counted. He was safe from being slugged, kicked, or having something thrown in his direction.) "I'm fine."

As he said the words he made a motion that was meant to be posturing and aggressive, but the flinch that came along with it made it a mess two fold. He hissed out a noise of pain. "I'm dan-fucking-dy. And I'd be better if you stopped fucking riding my ass about my friends."

He bristled more with Leo's question, but the direct question made him sizzle down slightly. He answered what he thought was a perfectly clear and straight answer. The phrasing was poor on Reese's end. Instead of saying 'it was consensual. we play rough' he said, "You can't-- it wasn't-- uhm... Of course, he... I was askin' for it." His inflection didn't make it clear if he meant literally, figuratively, or something in between -- if it was the way someone said 'they were asking for it' when the scrawniest kid in school got pummeled by a bully.

And then, deflated again, he said: "I don't want to talk about this. I just want to... I just want to kiss him." as he flopped unceremoniously onto the ground and laid down (which seemed like a great place to consider his problems).

@Leo Dobrowolski
PMEmail
^
Leo Dobrowolski
 Posted: Jul 3 2018, 04:03 PM
Evolute
32 YEARS
Cartel
Tier 4
218 Posts
If Leo touches a person's bare skin (alive or dead), he can tell you everything about their physical history. Medical conditions, healed breaks, pregnancies, surgeries, anything that has affected their body in any way. He can also feel anything they are currently feeling - pain, nausea, breathlessness etc, as if it’s his own body.

@Reese Marshall

The sheer anger in Reese’s eyes made Leo twitch back. He watched the other man, nervousness evident in his posture and expression - and when Reese hissed fuck you and squared his shoulders, it was all Leo could do not to cower away from him like some kind of whipped dog.

But Reese didn’t hit him - he winced instead, made a pained noise as the movement evidently made his injuries hurt anew. Leo itched to reach out and find out more from him, to see if there was anything he could do. But touch would almost certainly not be welcomed at this point, and Leo had no intention of being punched if he could possibly help it. You’re clearly not fine, he considered saying, but he knew it wouldn’t help. He stayed silent as Reese snapped at him once again, and gave a brief nod to show that he understood.

At least something in Leo’s panicked litany of questions seemed to make him calm down somewhat. He seemed to think about his answer for a long moment - though when he uttered it out loud, it didn’t do anything to make Leo feel better about the situation. ‘I was asking for it’, he said, and the words sent a chill down Leo’s spine. He’d heard variations said all too often, from both victims and assailants. It...it wasn’t a good thing to say. From either side.

Reese flopped down onto the carpet. Leo sighed. What the fuck do I do? If I tell him to leave, he’ll go and get hurt somewhere - and probably never talk to me again. If I tell him to stay, I’ve got drunk Reese in my house. And then he’ll probably throw up on my fuckin’ carpet. “C’mon, buddy,” he said, because it was hard to be scared of someone when they were lying on your carpet looking like someone had kicked their dog. “Shall we get you back to your place?” He sat forward on the couch, and held out a hand to help pull Reese up if he needed it. “You can decide if you wanna kiss him in the morning. Maybe he’ll be OK with it if he has some warning, huh?” Or maybe you shouldn’t want to kiss guys who hurt you…

PM
^
Reese Marshall
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 07:44 PM
Typic
39 YEARS
Citizen
Typic
604 Posts
There are moments that the words don’t reach There is suffering too terrible to name You hold your child as tight as you can And push away the unimaginable The moments when you’re in so deep It feels easier to just swim down

Reese only half processed that Leo was scared of him -- even if it was just in passing. He offered an awkward "Sorry." Which seemed out of place given his state of mind; his aggressive posturing. But also seemed entirely normal. Reese was terrible at this. He never kept being angry when he was supposed to; he always felt bad about spooking someone.

Even when he threw a punch, he never threw a second. He wasn't aggressive or violent so much as volatile -- like a dog who bit because every hand that had ever fed him had also struck him with crowbars.

From the ground, he let out the most pathetic and elongated noise that had likely ever escaped from a middle aged man with no mental challenges. A long, agonizing whine at the idea of going back to his apartment. He shook his head.

"No. We can't." he said with confidence, which was belittled by lying on the floor and half-slurring his words. "I'm too drunk to sneak in." Which didn't make any sense unless someone thought about it a little harder. Reese was giving a helping hand without realizing it as he continued to speak. "Bryn would be so. fucking. pissed if I showed up like this. She's a fucking square." His wife's name; he often lost focus of what was day or time it was when he was drunk; today -- it was year. "Can I just... I'll stay here--" on the floor "--it's nice." he wiggled a hand and pointed at Leo. "You're nice."

"Nicer than Bruce." he grumbled, dejectedly.

@Leo Dobrowolski
PMEmail
^
Leo Dobrowolski
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 03:14 AM
Evolute
32 YEARS
Cartel
Tier 4
218 Posts

@Reese Marshall

‘I’m too drunk to sneak in,’ Reese mumbled, which made absolutely no sense at all - until he opened his mouth again, and Leo had to close his eyes in pain.

Well, fuck.

He leaned back on the couch. What the fuck am I supposed to say to that? Leo vaguely remembered receiving some training about patients with delusions, which stated that generally the kindest thing was - not to play along, exactly, but not to correct if they weren’t imagining something that would result in them harming themselves. So Leo looked at the man lying on the carpet in front of him, and sighed. If he said anything about the truth, Reese could get even more volatile and possibly end up lashing out. Or he could end up feeling the grief all over again, and Leo didn’t have the emotional equipment to deal with that happening.

“I’m not particularly nice,” Leo replied with a wry smile. “But thanks, man. OK, you can stay.” It was by far the easier option, as making him go home could result in either violence or an outburst. He’d just have to hope that Reese would have the wherewithal not to vomit on his soft furnishings.

Leo collected a blanket and pillow. “Couch is softer,” he commented, and left them there in case Reese decided to move. For a moment he watched Reese, prone on the floor, expression almost peaceful. He still didn’t know what to do about the Bruce thing. He really didn’t know what to do about the other mixed-up parts of Reese’s psyche. Leo laid out two glasses of water and some painkillers on the table, and went to bed. He’d try and come up with a care plan in the morning.

Until then, he could let Reese sleep.

---
Wrap? If you want to move on to Leo discovering the genephobia...hehe.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

RPG-D RPG Initiative Candyland Couture Shadowplay
-------
Maelstrom: You create the galaxy Vector Code 8 Age of Heroes

ideal world TR UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED XL OHaV A marvel infinity war rp Marvel Heroes RPG GLITTER & GOLD

Infinite Dreams PJRPG Lochland Grove Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City

skin made by mstx at cttw, shine, & atf
toggle sidebar by subdevo and custom forum structure by black
Miniprofile by charli and code box by thunderstuck
Cbox emoticons by cookiemagiK