Ark City
quick links
staff
December 2017 Featured RPG
Ark City
Spring 2167 // March April May

Add Reply
New Poll

Lugia's Letters, Home of Murad and maybe others!
Murad Hassan
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 10:51 AM
Evolute
36 YEARS
APD
Carrier
107 Posts
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Lugia is Online

Murad Hassan
36 - Detective - Rami Malek

Overview.  Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Murad is a detective with workaholic tendencies and a strong personality. However, it's hard to find a more loyal friend or companion once you have his attention. He might have a snarky sense of humor and sometimes conversations can feel like a mild interrogation, but he means well overall and is trying to be mellow. Kinda. Sometimes.  

Friends. Murad has a fair amount of these, as he can be quite friendly and charming, and is always good for buying a round or providing a listening ear over a beer. Most of them have been in his life for some time, as Murad doesn't like letting go of a friendship and his focus on work gives him little time to build up new acquaintances. However, he isn't one to say no if someone wanders into his life, and he's always willing to give advice or help with a (legal) prank or two.

Enemies.  As Murad regularly investigates cases and arrests people, there's definitely room for these. He also has a tendency to offend people with his blunt speech.

Lovers. Murad's had a couple of men come in and out of his life. He's only had one very long, serious relationship, but he's had a couple of flings and is not against a consensual one night stand. Any serious relationships will need to know that his work is probably going to come between them at some point, and be okay with it.

Family. Murad is very close to his mother and her extended family. He didn't know either of his fathers -- the one his mother was married to, or his biological one that she probably had an affair with. He has a lot of cousins who come in and out of his life with legal troubles,

Other. Have a case you need investigated? Need a gym or gun range buddy? Work for the APD? All are welcome.

Detective

ESTJ

Carrier

WHAT KATY DID
PM
^
Clay Danvers
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 11:25 AM
Evolute
18 YEARS
APD
Tier 5
12 Posts
Psychometry - the ability to see the past by channeling visions through physical contact with an object.

Clay & Murad

So, this is just my thoughts on how a relationship could be established. Not sure what would/wouldn't work from Murad's perspective.

Clay has been consulting for the APD for two years now. They didn't start using him as a consultant until he turned 16, though the connection had been established for a few (6 or 7) years before that thanks to Clay's older sister, Gwen - who has premonitions.

Since Clay is psychometric, his psychic consultation is usually something that comes into play after an investigation has begun - so that definitely establishes a reason for him and Murad interacting. Particularly if Clay's help was requested on a case/cases that Murad was investigating.

Other points of Interest:
- Both Clay and Murad are very active people, so that's something they have in common.
- With both his parents dying when he was 9, Clay doesn't really have any (currently established) male role models in his life. I don't know if that's a role Murad would be interested in filling, but I figured I'd throw it out there.
PM
^
lugia
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 02:01 AM
OOC
YEARS
Council
Tier 1
5 Posts

QUOTE (Clay Danvers @ Mar 1 2018, 11:25 AM)
Clay & Murad

So, this is just my thoughts on how a relationship could be established. Not sure what would/wouldn't work from Murad's perspective.

Clay has been consulting for the APD for two years now. They didn't start using him as a consultant until he turned 16, though the connection had been established for a few (6 or 7) years before that thanks to Clay's older sister, Gwen - who has premonitions.

Since Clay is psychometric, his psychic consultation is usually something that comes into play after an investigation has begun - so that definitely establishes a reason for him and Murad interacting. Particularly if Clay's help was requested on a case/cases that Murad was investigating.

Other points of Interest:
-  Both Clay and Murad are very active people, so that's something they have in common.
- With both his parents dying when he was 9, Clay doesn't really have any (currently established) male role models in his life. I don't know if that's a role Murad would be interested in filling, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Murad would probably have worked with both siblings in one capacity or another, as he's been in the police department and doing investigations for some time. He also is more than happy to take people under his wing - he was also a young man without strong male role models. Maybe they could start by jogging or some time at the gym, and Murad could offer advice on anything he's mulling over?
PMEmail
^
Thyme
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 02:34 AM
Admin
26 YEARS
OOC Account
Typic
154 Posts
sometimes I can stand on one foot for over a minute like a stork. It's really majestic shit. fo rizzle.

Murad && Reese:
Soooooooo, Reese is abrasive but it's kind of a front. He has had some really bad times over his life (including the death of his whole nuclear family except for his youngest daughter) and he blames himself for it. As you might imagine, he's not really in a great place emotionally ever. (But he puts up a fairly good front by just kind of being ..... empty? I guess is thhe best word for it.)

Anyway, it could be interesting (depending on the timeline... math is not my strongest suit) if Murad worked the case or scene of the incident and had to deal with Reese. (I have a love affair with back-dated threads. /whoops/) It would have been about 6 years ago (August 15, 2160). -- It'd probably be an emotionally heavy thread, BUT it could be interesting~ yeah. emotionally trying threads. That's where I start RP friendships? Jeeze. great pitch me.

Assuming you DON'T want to start with some heavy as heck thread..... o_O we could hold off on that. (if you like it we could just put it in narration and then go back and fill it in later??) *eh hem* Reese often is involved in bar fights, but no one ever presses charges because his parents are ungodly wealthy and they always settle out of court. Reese also has a habit of just generally being drunk/disorderly, so it could be amusing if Murad has to take him to or from some location; or they develop a relationship based on constantly going fix problems that Reese is causing. he's actually very sweet when drunk except for the bar fights....

Also he won't get into a car, so hopefully Murad has a motorcycle or is okay taking the SkyRail. (otherwise, he'll have to taze him to get him inside of the cop car.)

Murad & Vels & @Omri Kim
Okay so Mosey and I were talking about having some chaos with Vels' wish (for the spring event) that goes really bad. We were thinking it might be interesting to have him get arrested for something. The CURRENT concept is that basically someone frames him for something and sets him up REALLY WELL and he is arrested and is basically supposed to rot in jail forever.

Maaaaaaybe We could have something where Vels and Murad either know each other from somewhere? Maybe Vels helped him out once or twice and so he's like.... he knows Vels is part of the Cartel upper echelon but also isn't just like a total scumbag? (Maybe the set up is something that Murad knows Vels wouldn't do -- I don't know) ANYWAY. It could be cool if Murad is either the arresting officer; or the detective who figures out that it is a frame job and gets him out. Which is like.... great news for Murad because Vels is people loyal not organization loyal, so he's got a T1 Capo on his side and that just.... that seems like a wonderful day.

-------

In regards to both, feel free to take it, leave it, add or change. This is all just kind of a brain dump (at literally 2:30 AM) so lord only knows how coherent any of that was. But lemme know what you think!!

@lugia
PMEmail
^
Clay Danvers
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 02:37 PM
Evolute
18 YEARS
APD
Tier 5
12 Posts
Psychometry - the ability to see the past by channeling visions through physical contact with an object.

QUOTE (lugia @ Mar 2 2018, 01:01 AM)

Murad would probably have worked with both siblings in one capacity or another, as he's been in the police department and doing investigations for some time. He also is more than happy to take people under his wing - he was also a young man without strong male role models. Maybe they could start by jogging or some time at the gym, and Murad could offer advice on anything he's mulling over?

Yeah, I like that. The jogging or gym time together and Murad offering advice was pretty much where my head was going with it when I considered the idea. I just wasn't sure whether it worked with your character or not.

Do we want this to be something that's already established at this point? My thought there is just that the two have been on each other's radar for about 2 -
9 years... and imagine sometime in that time period Murad would have become aware of the Danvers' parents being out of the picture.
PM
^
Murad Hassan
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 01:52 AM
Evolute
36 YEARS
APD
Carrier
107 Posts
Lugia is Online

@Thyme

I think we are going to work on the Vels and Reese threads, and then mayhaps we can start with the chaos of the frame job?

@Clay Danvers

I like that! It would probably be good to have it established. Murad's been working as an investigator for some time and he would've probably come across Clay at least once. Do you think there's anything Clay might want to discuss/work through? If so, maybe we could get something started with them over a workout?
PM
^
Shine
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 11:04 PM
OOC
YEARS
Select One
Select One
13 Posts

@lugia my friend! I have been pondering thread ideas, and Bright gave me a brilliant idea which is....Junior goes to the police station to campaign for Bruce. I think this has the potential for hilarity. Yes/No?

PM
^
Murad Hassan
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 11:07 PM
Evolute
36 YEARS
APD
Carrier
107 Posts
Lugia is Online

@Shine

That sounds perfect! If we want to backdate it about a week, Murad would be on desk duty, and he would have no choice but to listen to Junior very, very patiently. Would you want to get something started or shall I?
PM
^
Shine
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 06:31 AM
OOC
YEARS
Select One
Select One
13 Posts

@lugia I'm on it <3

PM
^
Sand
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 07:20 PM
OOC
19 YEARS
OOC Account
Typic
48 Posts
As all dogs everywhere bark It's worth knowing Like all good fruit the balance of life is in the ripe and ruin

Cyrus Hall and Murad

Two neat freaks that both work for the APD and have problems that have needed therapy. I sense a friendship or at the very least acquaintance?

Maybe cute little Murad teaching sessions of how Cyrus should function as a normal human being.

Peyton Foster and Murad
I've heard that you're planning on arresting Peyton's love interest. If you're happy for me to involved I've got a few ideas:

- Peyton angrily storming down to the APD to demand why Vels is in a cell and then being shattered when the evidence is presented
- Peyton being taken in for questioning on Vels' supposed crime
- Peyton's techie skills being of use in finding out the video evidence against him is false
- Peyton teaming up with Omri and Murad to do some good ol' investigating

Aside from the Vels stuff though these two could have future threads with investigations involving Evolutes and the like.

Piper and Murad
A troublesome little shape shifting Evolute who considers every single APD officer the enemy. Murad could catch her in the middle of a crime, help her out and show that not every officer is bad. Lots of options here.

Feel free to tell me your thoughts and give ideas of your own!

Sand

PM
^
Murad Hassan
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 01:33 AM
Evolute
36 YEARS
APD
Carrier
107 Posts
Lugia is Online

QUOTE (Sandstorm20141 @ Mar 26 2018, 04:20 PM)

Cyrus Hall and Murad

Two neat freaks that both work for the APD and have problems that have needed therapy. I sense a friendship or at the very least acquaintance?

Maybe cute little Murad teaching sessions of how Cyrus should function as a normal human being.

Peyton Foster and Murad
I've heard that you're planning on arresting Peyton's love interest. If you're happy for me to involved I've got a few ideas:

- Peyton angrily storming down to the APD to demand why Vels is in a cell and then being shattered when the evidence is presented
- Peyton being taken in for questioning on Vels' supposed crime
- Peyton's techie skills being of use in finding out the video evidence against him is false
- Peyton teaming up with Omri and Murad to do some good ol' investigating

Aside from the Vels stuff though these two could have future threads with investigations involving Evolutes and the like.

Piper and Murad
A troublesome little shape shifting Evolute who considers every single APD officer the enemy. Murad could catch her in the middle of a crime, help her out and show that not every officer is bad. Lots of options here.

Feel free to  tell me your thoughts and give ideas of your own!

Sand

Cyrus and Murad

Haha, I was pondering these two earlier! Perhaps they could bond over shower flip flops and Cyrus can teach him how to be better at chess? Murad is also going to be switched back to homicide soon, so I'm sure they'll be working with each other a fair amount. Maybe they could either meet then, or have met before and Cyrus can welcome him back? Although I think Cyrus graduated recently plot-wise, so probably more the former...

Peyton and Murad

Haha, poor Murad is going to get a lot of confrontations for Vels! Vels has good friends. I think, based on what we're currently considering for plot, the first or third options would be best (although @Mosey would have to chime in for option 3).

However, I think it's totally possible for Peyton to come in to yell at Murad, and maybe if he eventually calms her down, he can ask more about Vels - maybe this is how he finds out he was DEA, for example?

Piper and Murad

This one might be a bit challenging, as Murad doesn't do beat work that much and everything he touches is...nasty. Maybe she could be brought into the station and they could start talking then?

Or if he caught her just doing something like graffiti, that'd work. He doesn't really punish people for crimes like that. Don't know if he'd share that he was a cop there though....thoughts?

PM
^
Sand
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 01:47 AM
OOC
19 YEARS
OOC Account
Typic
48 Posts
As all dogs everywhere bark It's worth knowing Like all good fruit the balance of life is in the ripe and ruin

Cyrus and Murad

Yeah his graduation was recent, so perhaps they meet when he's switched back. I imagine that some of Murad's old colleagues would have mentioned the weird germaphobe whiz kid in CSI though so he might have a strange impression of Cyrus prior to them meeting. Totally down for flip flop bonding and chess! Hell yeah. Someone to practice all the social techniques Bruce is coaxing into him on.

Peyton and Murad

I reckon Peyton rocks up with little to no idea why Vels has been arrested and demands information. As far as she knows he's not involved with any criminal activity and is entirely on the DEA's side so this could be when his little double agent deal comes out. She might just take out her anger on poor Murad intially, but it will lessen with the accusation of murder... I like this one. Drama. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Piper and Murad

Not sure if I'm ready for Piper to be caught just yet. Trying to track down her identity might be something for Murad to do after their initial meeting.

Graffiti works though, maybe spreading some syndicate symbols for Entente communication or something. He catches her doing it and she's cornered, preparing to fight. Go from there.

Looking forward to it!

PM
^
Mosey
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 05:04 AM
Admin
27 YEARS
Tier 1
94 Posts

Peyton + Murad + Omri

I could be down for this! Maybeee during the course of their investigation Murad can give Peyton a copy of the video (super illegally probably so I leave that up to you!) or she can get her hands on it in some form or fashion. And her techie skillz can prove that something is off with the video. Fyi, I think we decided that it's totally legit, it's a shapeshifting Evo and not Vels at all in the video. So something tiny that Peyton would be able to catch that helps them on their quest could be cool! Thoughts gang?

PMEmail
^
Sand
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 11:14 PM
OOC
19 YEARS
OOC Account
Typic
48 Posts

Re: Peyton + Murad + Omri
If it's a shape-shifter probably what she spots would be less tech based and more... Vels based. Some small detail no one else had picked up about the imitation. As for the way she obtains the footage.it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for her to be shown it if being questioned. If the APD asked her to identify Vels in the clip she could pick up on it then. That or during the questioning she illegal gets a copy of it and notices the detail later. No clue what that small detail would be - ideas @Thyme?
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

RPG-D RPG Initiative Candyland Couture Shadowplay
-------
Maelstrom: You create the galaxy Vector Code 8 Age of Heroes

ideal world TR UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED XL OHaV Δrk City Δrk City

skin made by mstx at cttw, shine, & atf
toggle sidebar by subdevo and custom forum structure by black
Miniprofile by charli and code box by thunderstuck