Nothing To See Here, Luigi's Pizzeria | 10 Jan 2167 | Cole
Athos Eldroc
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 09:21 PM
Evolute
27 YEARS
Reformer
Tier 3
35 Posts
Athos can control the pressure of any fluid outside the human body from a perfect vacuum to 100 psi. (7X higher than atmo) reduced on the effects of suppressant.

Luigi's pizza was the best damn pizza in the city. Legend has it even had the best New York style pizza, which he didn't have any reference against, but it was a legend he was steadfast in. So when Cole was looking to find a long term lunch place, of course Athos recommended this restaurant immediately. Cole protested a little bit but he got through to him eventually.

Athos had a few small jobs that morning, so he made it first and ordered a large pepperoni pizza ahead of Cole. He was sure the Cole wouldn't be too mad. He sat in the booth nearest the front windows, the light was the best there and the view wasn't too bad either. Luigi's might be in the Jacks, but there were sections that were less run down that others.

It only took a few minutes, but Athos finally saw Cole walking down the sidewalk. As he walked in the door, Athos gave a small wave to him. "Heya, Cole. Bout time you show up. Hurry it up, I've already ordered."

@Kit
PMEmail
^
Cole Kendrick
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 09:08 PM
Typic
21 YEARS
Reformer
Typic
19 Posts

Being one of the few Typics in the ELL hadn’t exactly endeared him to many of his fellow reformers. Being the only Typic son of one of the most anti-Typic Malachite leaders was a double-edged sword. A lot of his fellow ELL reformers were right on par with dear old Dad’s “down with Typics” ideals, unfortunately those ideas inherently included him as well.

But over the years, Cole had managed to eek out some respect from the less vehemently anti-Typic members and even found one or two people he might actually be able to call friends. Among those rare few, Athos was probably at the top of that list. Which was fortunate. Since being a runner meant Athos was the person Cole could use to send messages to ELL when he couldn’t get away from the job to deliver them himself.

It also meant when Cole needed to get away from ANNie and his coworkers there, he had an outlet. Like today.

“You better not have ordered fungus on my pizza. I swear to Malachi I will send your safehouse location to every goddamn person in Ark.” Cole said as a friendly greeting as he slid into the booth across from Athos.

@Cartel
PM
^
Athos Eldroc
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 10:25 PM
Evolute
27 YEARS
Reformer
Tier 3
35 Posts
Athos can control the pressure of any fluid outside the human body from a perfect vacuum to 100 psi. (7X higher than atmo) reduced on the effects of suppressant.

"Fungus? You mean the only topping that ever should exist on a pizza?" Athos looked perplexed. "New York style with green olives and mushrooms. Was thinking a new age Greek style." He sipped on his soda with the straightest face he could muster at the time. But, he failed, laughed, and choked a bit. "Nah, just pepperoni. Kade would hate it if I let you start burning houses one by one."

Cole was a good friend to have for him. Being a runner meant that he was never hanging around in one place for too long and he never had a social life, nor did he make a very large effort to do so. So when Athos and Cole hit it off reasonably well, Athos stuck by him.

"What held you up this time? Finally get that code that will cause mass chaos in the street or am I looking at the man who broke the solution for the perfect self-driving car?

@Kit
PMEmail
^
Cole Kendrick
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 06:47 PM
Typic
21 YEARS
Reformer
Typic
19 Posts

Cole, stoney faced, took out his holo as Athos teased that he did indeed order mushroom pizza. He typed away pretending he was sending out all of the man’s secrets, calling his bluff as he tried to stay straight faced. He stopped, finger hovered over the holo as Athos finally broke and laughed. “Pepperoni. Thank God.” He muttered and put the holo away.

The waitress came over with a drink for him, his usual, he came he enough to be one of those customers with a usual order. It was cheap, good, and close to work. He sipped at the iced tea, a half and half mixture of sweet and unsweet. It could have used a good vodka in it.

“Kade already hates me,” he said with a shrug. Perils of the job, being what he was in ELL.

Athos’ question made him grin. “Haha, no. Quickie in the server room with the hot front desk receptionist. And get the fuck out of here with that self-driving car bullshit. Ain’t no way under Malachi’s sweet damn Dome am I having any part of creating a self-driving car.”

It was almost blasphemous. The thought of taking the thrill away from cars. What good was a car without a driver behind the wheel. The rumble of the engine, the smell of burning rubber and gasoline, and the feel of the wheel beneath your fingers. Nope. Cars were meant to be driven by people. And Cole took too much pleasure in driving to take that away from himself.

“So what’s the word on the street? What’re people say about this new Evo running for office?”

@Cartel
PM
^
Athos Eldroc
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 11:07 PM
Evolute
27 YEARS
Reformer
Tier 3
35 Posts

"I don't think Kade hates you. I just think that sometimes he prefers that you would drive your car off a bridge in a quick fashion. Although, you really need to let me know what happened one of these days, cause anytime I bring it up, he just squints at me."

He gave a small grin and a shake of the head. "Was this the attractive red head I saw when I walked past a month ago or is there another one that you have been putting the looks out for?" At Cole's car comment, Athos just swirled around his water. "Well, you don't have to drive the damn thing. But you make it, then you can share the royalties with me because I gave you such a profitable idea."

"New evo? You mean Vaughan? Depends on who you ask. Ask the ELL and good luck finding someone saying a negative word. Ask anyone of the TU and there is a chance they lynch you. It is pretty polarized, most people are extreme to one way or the other. " He tapped a finger against the table in a random rhythm. "I'm not terribly sure what to think of him. He does have those mind powers, but his business does run legitimately. So all the power to him."

Athos leaned back against the wooden seat and stretched, feeling his back pop a few times. "What about you? Hows working thinking about him?"
PMEmail
^
Cole Kendrick
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 07:45 PM
Typic
21 YEARS
Reformer
Typic
19 Posts

Given Cole’s driving habits, Kade might get his wish sooner rather than later. He glared at Athos from over his cup as he sipped the iced tea through the straw. “What happened?” He repeated darkly after swallowing. “What happened is I had the misfortune of being born without mutated genes. And he squints at you because you’re the idiot Evo who is friends with the Typic misfit.” He swirled his straw around in the ice restlessly. “You know if I wasn’t so damn useful to them they’d never let me in, or let me stay.” Cole may not have had powers but he’d made himself indispensable with his hacking skills.

Thankfully Athos saw fit to move the conversation to more pleasing topics. “Hmm, no not the redhead, she’s only part time. Works Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays I think. She’s taking classes at the University. This was the blond one. Not sure she could spell University but well...you don’t need to be able to spell for what we were doing.”

“No shit.” Of course ELL would be excited and TU pissed. But ELL would no doubt have him doing a full background, dig around in the guys’ skeleton closet before Ramsey or TU could dig something up. Everyone had skeletons. Vaughan for all his shiny chrome finish was no exception. No one under this Dome was a saint. They just all sinned differently.

“Never met him. His brother is my boss so it will be interesting to see how ANNie handles coverage of the elections. I’m sure Ramsey and her clan will cry impartiality any time we say anything not damning of him.”

He took another drink of his ice tea and looked thoughtfully at Athos. “You ever been there? Shangri-la?”

@Cartel
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

RPG-D RPG Initiative Candyland Couture Shadowplay
-------
Maelstrom: You create the galaxy Vector Code 8 Age of Heroes

ideal world TR Star Wars: Last Resort UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED

XL Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City

skin made by mstx at cttw, shine, & atf
toggle sidebar by subdevo and custom forum structure by black