Ark City
quick links
staff
December 2017 Featured RPG
Ark City
Spring 2167 // March April May

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Step Right Up, April 5, 2167 | Leo DoBrowolski
Leo Dobrowolski
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 11:21 AM
Evolute
32 YEARS
Cartel
Tier 4
112 Posts
If Leo touches a person's bare skin (alive or dead), he can tell you everything about their physical history. Medical conditions, healed breaks, pregnancies, surgeries, anything that has affected their body in any way. He can also feel anything they are currently feeling - pain, nausea, breathlessness etc, as if it’s his own body.

@Bruce Vaughan

“I can certainly help with the resources,” Bruce told him, and a dozen tremendously inappropriate responses rose up in Leo’s throat. But Leo was doing this new thing, where he at least tried to seem unprofessional when talking to someone new - so he somehow managed not to say any of them, instead giving a nod and a warm smile. “Thanks. I’ll - work up some ideas, or something. Send them over.”

Bruce listened to Leo’s description of the case with admirable focus, his expression turning sympathetic as soon as he realised what the question was. When he replied, Leo raised his eyebrows - it was interesting to hear that Bruce could remove someone’s memories. Leo had never met anyone with that kind of ability, and he leaned in a little, fascination clearly showing on his face. He was impressed by Bruce’s insistence that he would need to speak directly with the patient in question before he would agree to do any such thing, and nodded thoughtfully as the other man spoke.

“Could you replace old memories with new ones?” Leo asked, before he could help himself. “If there was scarring, for instance - something that needed to be explained?” It would be no good to have a memory removed if you then had no idea of how your body had been changed. For a moment Leo remembered a belt licking across his face, a hand held to a hot stove - Hah. As if. He wouldn’t be who he was, without his memories. Personally, he thought the same of Aleeyah. Everything with her went so deep that surely there would be no way of excising it. If Bruce changed her memories he would have to construct a whole new life for her. Surely everything was too bound up to change.

He nodded. “I’ll let her know,” Leo replied. If I ever see her again. People like her could slip through the cracks - all he could do was try and leave her a message. “And I’ll remember that, next time someone asks me. Thank you.”

The park was still fairly full. Leo glanced around, then turned to Bruce with a rueful smile. “I’ve been monopolising you for too long,” he said, smoothing his napkin over his paper plate. “I should let you get back to other people. Thanks for talking to me. It was good to meet you.” He was fairly sure Bruce wouldn’t say the same about him, given how he’d managed to behave for most of their meeting, but...the least he could do was try and show some appreciation.
PM
^
Bruce Vaughan
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 01:52 PM
Evolute
45 YEARS
Citizen
Tier 3
668 Posts
Mental Manipulation - able to manipulate other people's minds through mind control, illusion projection, and memory manipulation, primarily.

The over man nodded a singe time as they had reached an agreement here. “I look forward to seeing what you draft up.” His voice contained only sincerity; while this had been an unexpected alliance to form, he considered it a boon, and he cared dearly about helping this population. That Leo could do so and held equal interest was worth the cost of dry cleaning for his outfit.

The other man’s sudden/keen interest was an unusual reaction albeit one that Bruce attributed to the context and his medical credentials. Bruce had developed a high tolerance for psychic abilities, between his own talents and those of the other Evolutes he had met with similar, or at least related, gifts. He found nothing remarkable about the ability because he had possessed it for closer to four decades than three at this point (lacking a name for it at the time or the realization that he could do so). These days, he only did so for other people in the context of therapy when applying the power in a permanent manner or else to assist with a fantasy when doing so on a temporary basis, and so it became all the more banal to him. Just as he didn’t blink when his mother used her hair as a third hand or his sister put someone in a force field bubble or one of his staff lit the fireplace with a wink and no kindling.

He popped the last of the pretzels into his mouth as Leo posed the question, earning a single nod while he chewed. “It only works properly if I craft replacements, even before we reach the specific concerns about physical signs or people known or photographic evidence. It’s uncomfortable to have a gaping hole in the memory, and while focusing on that wouldn’t unearth the missing memory, it undermines the goal. It wouldn’t do for her, for anyone, to rid themselves of trauma only to obsess over what they can’t remember.”

As the other man moved to extricate himself, Bruce set aside his plate and tilted his head just so. “I don’t want to keep you if you have somewhere else to be, Leo, but you haven’t monopolized by time and you’re welcome to stay. I’m here for people to talk to, you know, and nobody else seems to want me right now.” He grinned and gestured at the people milling about, most of them engaged in conversation with one another, since meet and greets were equal parts the candidate and the opportunity for potential voters to speak to one another.

@Leo Dobrowolski
PM
^
Leo Dobrowolski
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 01:56 PM
Evolute
32 YEARS
Cartel
Tier 4
112 Posts
If Leo touches a person's bare skin (alive or dead), he can tell you everything about their physical history. Medical conditions, healed breaks, pregnancies, surgeries, anything that has affected their body in any way. He can also feel anything they are currently feeling - pain, nausea, breathlessness etc, as if it’s his own body.

@Bruce Vaughan

Bruce seemed determined to be a gentleman, assuring Leo that nobody else urgently wanted his attention - but Leo was old enough to know when he’d outstayed his welcome, and since he’d already managed to offend Bruce at least twice now, he was pretty sure it was better to cut his losses and disappear.

“That’s really generous of you,” he replied with a smile. “But I need to get going.” He didn’t get the feeling that Bruce would be sad to see the back of him. There seemed to be something about the both of them that rubbed the other up the wrong way. Even if Bruce Vaughan did have eyes you could drown in, Leo had the feeling that his own natural prickliness would probably stand in the way of friendship. There was that little voice in the back of his head saying you’re too different, and Leo had little practise in ignoring it.

Working together, though - that was something else. You didn’t have to be friends with someone to work with them, and he liked what the other man’s plans for engaging the homeless population. This was usually the part where Leo would have offered a handshake, but he figured that Bruce would forgive him after their earlier exchange on the subject. So instead he got to his feet, and gave the other man a polite nod. “Thank you,” he said - and meant it. There was a seriousness in his voice that not many people ever heard. “It was really good to meet you.” He smiled. “And send me that dry-cleaning bill, yeah?”

Leo made his way from the park as carefully as possible, keen to avoid any more food-related mishaps, and only felt like he could breathe again when he was out of Haven, away from people whose class and life experiences were so decidedly different to his own. He wondered how long it had taken Bruce to get used to it - or if Bruce had ever felt anything approaching self-doubt. He seemed to wear confidence like an expensive coat.

The next time someone asked him for his opinion on Bruce Vaughan, Leo smiled. He seems like a good guy, he said. I’d vote for him.

---
I think that’s wrapped //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif Before Leo can do anything more to make a fool of himself...
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

RPG-D RPG Initiative Candyland Couture Shadowplay
-------
Maelstrom: You create the galaxy Vector Code 8 Age of Heroes

ideal world TR UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED XL OHaV Δrk City Δrk City

skin made by mstx at cttw, shine, & atf
toggle sidebar by subdevo and custom forum structure by black