Gwen Danvers
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 09:15 PM
Inactive Character
27 YEARS
APD
Tier 4
20 Posts
Precognition - The power to see into the future

Gwen let out a sigh of relief as the sight of the entrance to the Satori Memorial Library appeared before her. Today had felt like it had gone on forever. She had just left the APD Gemini Precinct, describing a vision she had last night. It was a vision of a robbery. Luckily for her, it hadn't involved any loss of life. Those visions were rough. Visions that involved violence often gave her particularly bad headaches. It wasn't the most pleasant feeling to wake up to. However, it did feel nice to be helping in a small way.

It was strange to think how routine it was at this point. As well as the fact that she had been doing this for almost nine years now. Though today's trip had gone on longer than normal. Apparently, the person she had a vision of was someone that had been managing to evade the APD for awhile now. They had her stay and give as detailed a description as possible. After all their questioning was over, all Gwen could feel was exhausted. She kind of just wanted to head home at this point. However, since the library was in the same area it just kind of made sense to stop by real quick and try to find something new to read.

Gwen entered the library. She took in the familiar sights of bookshelves filled to the brim with books of all kinds. What did she feel like reading today? She walked her way over to the beginning of the fiction section. What genre was she feeling like today? She noticed the mystery section right away and frowned a bit. Definitely not that one. She had enough of mysteries and crimes for one day. Soon her eyes fell upon the fantasy section. Maybe that was worth a shot? She started to peruse through the books, oblivious to the world around her.

@Bo Fierro
PM
^
Bo Fierro
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 10:40 PM
Evolute
31 YEARS
Malachite
Tier 3
73 Posts
Ability to replicate the powers of other evolutes given time and proximity. This includes all of the good and bad that goes along with their powers .

Bo was not, and never would be, a DEA agent by any official means. He was however one of their favorite pet projects. Whenever something came up that they needed an ability replicator for (something that wasn't time sensitive, because of Bo's specific ability), the DEA called him in and sat him next to someone they wanted replicated for as long as it took.

Today, it hadn't taken as long as it usually did, but he had used half for the DEA's whims. He would never fault them for doing what they had to to keep the city safe and so while he was somewhat frustrated, he could not in any way fault them and wished he could be more understanding for what important job they needed done.

Regardless, he had stopped at the library on his way as he walked back to the SkyRail. He too had found the fantasy section, though it had been ten minutes earlier, and he was now holding a book, leaning carefully against one of the bookshelves reading, trying to figure out if the book he had picked up was the first in a series.

When someone else entered the aisle, he looked over. "Excuse me." He offered, voice lowered. He didn't want to bother a librarian with such a silly question when someone who came into this row could likely tell him just as easily. "I'm sorry to intrude. Are you familiar with the..." He looked at the title of the book and realized, to his dismay, that the title was a fantasy name in itself, "Tvrani Saga at all?" Perhaps he would luck out.

@Gwen Danvers
PM
^
Gwen Danvers
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 08:31 PM
Inactive Character
27 YEARS
APD
Tier 4
20 Posts

Gwen at first didn't even register that someone was talking to her. She was pretty much in her own little world, looking at book after book. She wasn't having much luck finding something she wanted to read. That didn't deter her in the slightest though. She kept moving down the row, hoping something would catch her eye. However, her search was short lived as she soon bumped into someone.

Gwen turned over and noticed a man had seemed to be staring at her. It was at this point, she then registered that he had asked her something. And she had managed to ignore him for who knows how long. At least long enough to bump into the poor guy. Gwen began to awkwardly apologize. "Oh...I'm so sorry! Just lost in my own little world there for a sec," she told him, laughing awkwardly. It was bad enough that her visions made her seem to space out on a daily basis, she was just being spacey on her own.

After a few awkward seconds of silence, she suddenly remembered that the man had asked her a question. "Oh! Right, you asked me something. About....the Tvrani saga?" she asked him as she thought back to what he had asked. The name didn't sound familiar to her at all. Presumably, it was a book series or something. After all, why else would this man be asking? "I'm sorry, that's a series I'm unfamiliar with," she gave an awkward apologetic smile. "Hopefully, I didn't waste too much of your time and get your hopes up I had an answer." Maybe her time at the APD had worn her out more than she had thought.

@Bo Fierro
PM
^
Bo Fierro
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 07:11 PM
Evolute
31 YEARS
Malachite
Tier 3
73 Posts
Ability to replicate the powers of other evolutes given time and proximity. This includes all of the good and bad that goes along with their powers .

Bo had almost accepted that she had ignored him. It was her right to interact or not interact with whomever she saw fit and so Bo felt no upset at her response being the latter, though he of course preferred to evoke the former in those around him.

He would not press her for an answer and was about to turn away when she physically bumped into him.

While he was not an aggressive or imposing man by any means, he was steady on his feet and well built so the bump did not do anything except startle him a bit. He knew that he did not draw attention like someone wearing a tuxedo, but he hadn't imagined his existence as mundane enough to result in him being unnoticed.

Still, he took no offense. Offense, he believed, could only end in the disruption of Harmony for one or both parties. It was easier to let sleeping dogs lie, but she apologized, which threw him more than being ignored or being run into.

"It is no matter." he assured her; and then again when she admitted she had no idea about the book series that he was holding in his hand. "Oh, no. It's perfectly fine." Still though, in a rare act of selfishness, he found himself not wanting to lose her attention now that he had gotten it.

He would not have lied and said that he could tell that she needed connection; nor would have have stretched the truth to say she seemed discombobulated and therefore needed help. No, he spoke to her because he found those who frequented libraries to be some of the most fascinating and pleasant people in the world.

"I picked it up because of the title and cover, but I haven't read it either." He offered, sliding the book back into the shelf. "I have read other works -- mysteries mostly -- by Mr. Barrett, and find his writing incredibly enjoyable." An open-ended attempt at conversation; he would not trap her into discourse.

@Gwen Danvers
PM
^
Gwen Danvers
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 09:54 PM
Inactive Character
27 YEARS
APD
Tier 4
20 Posts

Gwen was a bit embarrassed. How spacey must she have come across? Not only did she ignore this poor man for who knows how long, she had bumped into him as well. Then she didn't even know the answer to the question he had asked. Could someone take her out of this awkward situation please? All she had wanted was to find a book and now she had just made fool of herself. Maybe next time she'll just go straight home from the APD. Or at least start trying to pay more attention to her surroundings.

Thankfully, the man seemed pretty chilled out with her spacey awkwardness. So that was a plus. After all he wasn't running for the hills or anything. In fact he had made an attempt to continue conversation. It had been awhile since Gwen had really talked to anyone about books. At least, anyone besides Clay. If she was being honest with herself, her social life was pretty much nonexistent. Maybe it would be nice to talk to someone else, at least for a bit.

The man mentioned the book he asked about, having picked it up because the cover was interesting. He then mentioned that he had been reading mystery novels mostly by another author she was unfamiliar with. "I see." she managed to respond after a moment. "What are this Mr. Barrett's books like?" While she had been looking in the fantasy section, a good mystery novel didn't sound so bad.

It was at this point she realized neither of them had introduced themselves. That was something that should happen right? "Oh, I'm Gwen by the way," she told him, offering a hand to him for a handshake. She gave him a small embarrassed smile. "I figure better to be known by name, than girl who bumped into you," she lightly joked.

@Bo Fierro
PM
^
Bo Fierro
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 07:57 PM
Evolute
31 YEARS
Malachite
Tier 3
73 Posts

Bo felt some sense of relief that the woman hadn't walked away or gone back to ignoring him. Both of which he could not have faulted her for. There was no reason after all to speak to a random man amid the stacks of books in a library any more than there was to speak to someone who had walked up to her on the street.

His smile rested on his face. How to describe a book by Mr. Barrett. "They are love stories." he offered, "To some extent -- they are love stories to the mystery genre. It follows a woman who solves the deaths of famous authors and novelists through out history. 'Who killed Hemingway'? 'Why was Poe in a gutter'? They are fascinating works -- if a bit ... historically unsound."

Hemingway had of course commit suicide, which was not a secret and had been almost entirely proven. His death did not involve the mystery and speculation that surrounded the death of other people. Van Gogh for instance would have been a lovely murder mystery, wrapped in details of the beautiful country side that he had called his home. Mr. Barrett had unfortunately never found inspiration in the matter of other arts -- painter, actors, scientists.

When she introduced herself, he held out his hand. "My name is Bo." He offered, and then repeated it. "Bo Fierro. It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Gwen." His eyes moved back to the stacks of books, lined up in rainbows across shelves. "You were very lost in your mind when you entered. If there is something you would like to speak about, I would be happy to listen."

@Gwen Danvers
PM
^
Gwen Danvers
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 10:01 PM
Inactive Character
27 YEARS
APD
Tier 4
20 Posts

Gwen had to admit, these books by this Mr. Barrett sounded interesting. She was particularly interested by the one about Poe. That sounded like it could be a fun read. Maybe she could ask him to point her in the direction of that book? It sounded better than anything she had currently saw in here after all.

The man introduced himself as Bo Fierro. "It's nice to meet you too," she said as she shook his hand. She couldn't help but look a bit embarrassed as he mentioned her spacey behavior from before. "I am so sorry about that. I was in my own little world there," she lightly joked. It wasn't the first time she had let herself loose track of her surroundings when at the library. She had bumped into one too many librarians carrying something that most made sure to get her attention before walking down an isle of shelves.

Bo had asked if there was anything she wanted to talk about. She shook her head. "Oh, I just kind of get lost in thought when it comes to books," she said apologetically. "It's also been a bit of a long day already. I just came back from the APD. I saw the library and couldn't help but think it was a good time to pick out a new book to read," She didn't bother explaining why she had gone to the APD. Most people didn't take her at her word when she said she was a "psychic consultant" for them. Instead, she brought the topic back to the book Bo had mentioned before. "Do you know if the library has that book by Mr. Barrett about Poe? I couldn't help but be interested by that one." Bo seemed nice enough, but Gwen had dealt with too many people that doubted her powers. She definitely didn't need to go into that whole spiel right now.

@Bo Fierro
PM
^
Bo Fierro
 Posted: Feb 21 2018, 07:53 PM
Evolute
31 YEARS
Malachite
Tier 3
73 Posts

Bo hadn't meant to imply that there was something wrong with the way that she was acting. He had only been inquiring because it wouldn't do to ignore another person's Harmony just because he thought spending a bit of time with her would be night.

He had been smiling softly until she said the words APD and his smile immediately flopped. There were of course police officers and consultants; there were administrative types who never wore a uniform. There were typics and evolutes alike -- he knew nothing about this woman, but she did not say it with the affection of someone whose life had been put into law force. Often, they followed it with an explanation of their work.

So he followed to a much sadder conclusion as he nodded about where the book was. "It's over here." He offered, leading her out of the row they were in among the stacks and towards the mysteries. "At least it was her last time I was -- perhaps Mr. Barrett has finally gotten the notoriety he deserves." He joked as he started looking.

He hesitated and then asked: "If it's not impolite, why were you at the APD? I --" he started, hesitated at what his Uncle might say if he knew that Bo was so openly admitting his status. This was how TU identified people, after all. (At least, how they did when they didn't jump someone on the street and pull out their card.) "I have abilities that could be helpful."

@Gwen Danvers
PM
^
Gwen Danvers
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 08:53 PM
Inactive Character
27 YEARS
APD
Tier 4
20 Posts

Gwen couldn't help but notice the smile on Bo's face dropped when she mentioned the APD. Granted typically unless one worked there, it was usually not a good sign one was there. She technically worked there. Technically. Still it wasn't exactly a pleasant experience most of the time. Maybe she shouldn't have brought it up? Though her attention was drawn away from thinking about that as soon as Bo pointed towards the direction the book he had mentioned was.

She smiled at his joke and started searching along with him for the book by Mr. Barrett. After a few moments of searching, he spoke up and questioned her about her visit to the APD. Not that she blamed him being curious. She was surprised at his offer of help. He had "abilities" that could help apparently. She guessed that meant he was probably an Evo like herself. Though she hadn't meant to give the impression that the APD visit meant she personally had a problem. Then again, without any explanation what other conclusion could have been drawn?

"Oh no that's okay," she quickly stated. She wasn't sure whether or not talking about what she did there was a good idea or not. After all, Evos weren't exactly the most welcomed people. Plus her ability was one most doubted when told about it. It was honestly a bit disheartening every time someone did not believe her. However, maybe that mention of abilities meant Bo would give her the benefit of the doubt as a fellow Evo. He seemed nice enough to her anyway. After a moment's hesitation, she finally spoke to him. "I do consulting work for the APD. I...uh... can see the future." Now to find out whether she would need to go find a corner to disappear to or if she would be taken seriously. She was prepared for either option.

@Bo Fierro
PM
^
Bo Fierro
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 12:16 PM
Evolute
31 YEARS
Malachite
Tier 3
73 Posts

Bo was still going through the books as he listened to Gwen speak. Carefully, he would remove a book and move it into its proper place when he found one that was resting in the wrong post. He was not a volunteer by any means, but there was something troubling in knowing that a book could so easily be lost in the stacks.

In no way did he put pressure onto his statement and offer to help. He didn't want to make it seem as though he expected her to let him use his abilities to help her; certainly, it was not what he had meant in the first place. He knew some people with low tier abilities who would not have minded letting him sit beside them over lunch so that he could help a friend.

Still, he rarely met people who said their abilities aloud, even prompted; and something like that seemed like an incredible ability. He smiled, lips drawing back into a grin. "The future? That must be troubling -- to know what is going to happen." It sounded like a weight that would have been troubling at best. "However, I am glad that it was for something that did not affect you negatively." he offered -- as far as he could tell, a job was not a punishment (though he should have known using power for the sake of another could be infuriating).

@Gwen Danvers
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

RPG-D RPG Initiative Candyland Couture Shadowplay
-------
Maelstrom: You create the galaxy Vector Code 8 Age of Heroes

ideal world TR UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED XL OHaV A marvel infinity war rp Marvel Heroes RPG GLITTER & GOLD

Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City Δrk City

skin made by mstx at cttw, shine, & atf
toggle sidebar by subdevo and custom forum structure by black
Miniprofile by charli and code box by thunderstuck
Cbox emoticons by cookiemagiK